The Donkey Hill

FATBLOBBY

Walking through the park at Firth Park I started remembering sliding down the Donkey hill in bread trays and on old cardboard boxes. i got to wondering what other things people used to do to amuse themselves as kids before the age of technology spoiled it all. We used to build dens, have Tarzan swings and many other now to be deemed dangerous games. So come on share your memories of those halcyon days.:D.

Walking through the park at Firth Park I started remembering sliding down the Donkey hill in bread trays and on old cardboard boxes. i got to wondering what other things people used to do to amuse themselves as kids before the age of technology spoiled it all. We used to build dens, have Tarzan swings and many other now to be deemed dangerous games. So come on share your memories of those halcyon days.:D.

I lived on Hinde House Lane. We made touch burners from the mud in the stream that ran in the wood below the library; sailed boats on the boating lake ( which I fell in one winter while walking on the ice); played on the swings & roundabouts at Firth Park; played cowboys & indians, marbles.

Thats a start !

Bird nesting /egg collecting most young lads did it and birds were common everywhere these days nobody does it and there are not many birds about:huh:

what about fishing in crabtree pond, length of bamboo cane, some line and a hook, dig for worms and off we went. mind you bailiff always came before i caught owt.
do a lot of fishing these days mate ! dont have to travel down lincoln any more loads of places round here ...

The donkey hill was the best.....i tried explaining this to my 12yr old daughter only last week!!!!!

I remember blackberry picking on the embankments to the sides of the fields of the Flower Estate side of Wincobank Hill, and playing wars on the old roman fort at the top of the hill.........

when i played on the donky hill the barrage balloon was still there used to watch the raf lads a lasses int wood

Archived