Burglars Hummer

bullerboY

Did anyone used to set the burglars hummer going,we used to stuff peoples drainpipes with paper,set it on fire and it would make a loud roaring noise to which the people who lived there would run out of the house terrified.It would be no good with todays plastic pipes.:D:D

Did anyone used to set the burglars hummer going,we used to stuff peoples drainpipes with paper,set it on fire and it would make a loud roaring noise to which the people who lived there would run out of the house terrified.It would be no good with todays plastic pipes.:D:D

If that gave you pleasure then I feel sorry for you. I dont beleive you would admit to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born and lived in Swallownest until age 23 (1963) and remember this action very well indeed. Stuffing paper into the bottom of the old cast iron drain pipes and lighting it - then it was always known to us as "the Bull Roar".

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I was born and lived in Swallownest until age 23 (1963) and remember this action very well indeed. Stuffing paper into the bottom of the old cast iron drain pipes and lighting it - then it was always known to us as "the Bull Roar".

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It was also known as the BULL ROAR in Hillsborough during the late 50s/60s

Archived