By request..Dinosaurs

Wasn't it The Cat from Red Dwarf who said "Wilma Filntstone is probably the most desirable woman who ever lived."

Followed by Lister stating "You must be mad. She'd never leave Fred."

In other news, the Family guy creator is remaking The Flintstones.

Remaking the Flintstones? The original voice of Wilma, Jean Vander Pyl, died about 5 years ago :( and the voice of Barney, Mel Blanc has been dead even longer.

Then again, I'd be with Wilma, but thinking about Betty :love:

do you think the Jurassic Park scenario could ever come to fruition in these days of ever increasing knowledge i.e breed a fully functional living beast from ancient dna

We have crocodiles still, could they be classed as dinosaurs?

Oh and dont forget nessie.

They probably are descended from Dinosaurs yes, like Snakes and other kinds of Reptiles.

Me? I'm descended from Fred Flintstone, that's why I'm good at Bowling! :D

We've already worked out how to bring back wooly mammoths (inserting dna into elephant eggs I believe) but we're wondering whether it would be ethically sound to do so.

Well! ... I never realised elephants laid eggs! :o

Having said that, I believe I saw an elephant nest in a bilberry bush half way up Kinderscout this very weekend! :)

Crocodiles and the like are completely different reptiles to dinosaurs.

They were around before the dino's and obviously along way after.

Well done Crocs! You survived long enough to have a piece of horrendous footwear named after you

Oh and dont forget nessie.

LOL! It still has yet to be proved either way whether "Nessie" actually exists or not.

Personally I say not, although I did used to watch the Family Ness!

You knew what I meant you cheeky bugger!

Well yeah! :D

DNA and chromosomes and the like have only been known about for a short period of time, about the same time we started mucking about with computers (the modern ones) It's only a matter of time before we start using computers to create custom made creatures from scratch.

Goddy type people may question the ethics of this ... well if God made us, he also gave us the facility for us to question our existence and to use science as a tool too! (thus proving the non-existence of God)

I can't really see the point of re-creating dinosaurs but to perfect the basics of life and create it seem pretty awe inspiring to me. I understand scientists have recently made basic life forms from scratch, I can't see it being too long before we can create more complex organisms. (when we can do this It'd be pretty easy to make a pterodactyl or whatever)

Archived