By request..Dinosaurs

Absolutely not.

There is no DNA left in fossils so they can be ruled out.

Despite several attempts, nobody has managed to extract any DNA from insects in amber let alone from blood in their abdomens. Even if this was eventually managed, we may get some molecular information but there will never be enough to recreate significant parts of a dinosaur genome and build a new dinosaur. The oldest DNA that can viably be extracted is from specimens around 100,000 years old. A bit of a leap from the minimum 65 million years required for a dinosaur.

Sorry!

Absolutely not.

There is no DNA left in fossils so they can be ruled out.

Despite several attempts, nobody has managed to extract any DNA from insects in amber let alone from blood in their abdomens. Even if this was eventually managed, we may get some molecular information but there will never be enough to recreate significant parts of a dinosaur genome and build a new dinosaur. The oldest DNA that can viably be extracted is from specimens around 100,000 years old. A bit of a leap from the minimum 65 million years required for a dinosaur.

Sorry!

Strange how I've seen live velociraptors at the Science Museum then! :rolleyes: (and a T Rex!)

do you think the Jurassic Park scenario could ever come to fruition in these days of ever increasing knowledge i.e breed a fully functional living beast from ancient dna

...Well, I do offer among my many show packages one called 'Dinosaurs Of Drag', featuring tributes to Cher, Joni Mitchell, Abba, Gloria Gaynor, Dusty Springfield, Dana International, and more, classic hits from the 60's 70's and even 80's... Just pm me if interested in this for your wedding/birthday/public function...

Archived