Where do you buy dog food and what type?

senora

Just wondered if anyone had any tips on where to buy food for value for money? Is pets at home overpriced? Do you wait until they have offers and bulk buy? Any advice would be good as I have not had a dog for a while now....

:help:

I just get it from pets at home or Jolleys, seem reasonably enough priced. Main reason I go there though is the fact that I can easily park right outside (important when carrying 15kg dog food and 15kg cat food!) and they are open late in the evening so I can collect dog and go after work if needed.

There are good prices online but not much use if you aren't at home to accept delivery.

I feed ours on complete dry kibble, big 15kg bag is the best value, currently supadog brand.

We grab our from Jolleys as there is one about 10mins away, there are places on line that sell the same food for slightly less but it would mean waiting in for delivery and unless we buy in bulk the postage wipes out any savings.

Our staffy / boxer cross gets fed on mix of Nature Diet wet food and Barking Heads dry - both seem to be decent quality and don't really contain many "fillers" that do nothing more than bulk the food out, in that sense despite the higher cost per kilo / packet we don't really need to feed all that much due to the higher quality.

Just to let you know (shameless plug from fellow pet owner with small business that really needs boosting!)... I deliver pet supplies free of charge around Sheffield and areas of Rotherham and Doncaster.

All sorts of brands - just ask me for what you want and I can get most things.

I can deliver to you at work or at home, whichever suits you best and I can even leave in a designated safe area if you so wish.

I will also be offering a key holding service (I already do this for some of my existing customers but have no valid CRB check yet for new customers who don't know me!) whereby I can be issued with a spare key and leave your delivery in your house while you're out.

Payment options include cash on delivery, cheque or bank transfer. Paypal and debit/credit card payment coming soon.

I can't possibly list the brands as there are just so many so please drop me an email at: info@pawsitivelypets.co.uk or give me a call/text on: 07518 667575 if you have any enquiries.

Thanks!!

Please note: Unless you're not in a delivery area and we have to ship your supplies you will always receive a personal delivery from myself - and often the spotties too! - (except in extenuating circumstances ie. recently when in hospital with food poisoning someone else delivered on my behalf!).

Burns/James Wellbeloved/Harringtons are all quite similar. I stock all of these :) To be honest, there's only a few that I can't get my hands on and if I can't get them from my normal supplier I'll still do my best to source them from another supplier rather than say I can't help :)

Of course :) I'll be going tomorrow and will need to check the price of the 15kg JWB as I've not had to order any for a while and the prices have been changing a lot lately.

The Burns does change depending on the flavour but here's what I have on my stock list:

Duck & Rice 15kg: £50

Lamb & Rice 15kg: £47

Venison & Rice 15kg: £55

(I'll check the other flavours when I go but pretty sure chicken is one of the cheaper ones and chicken should be easier to digest as well being white meat).

James Wellbeloved - the last prices I had for 15kg was £46.99 (you can also get it with veg instead of rice in 10kg bags which were £37.99 last time I checked).

Harringtons is very much like James Wellbeloved (but best to compare online) I think the ingredients are just a bit lower quality hence it is half the price of JWB at just £23.50 for 15kg.

I can also do supadog sensitive if you'd rather stick to that :)