Police shootings - Jean-Claude de Menezes

According to the programme, I think, initially, they didn't want the suspect(s) to be aware that they knew of the address but it was said that they could have stopped him around the corner, or whatever. Fancy them not knowing that it was flats until they arrived at the address! It wasn't as if it was a shared house. Surely the police should have known the address was for flats - it seems even that wasn't checked out.

Just watched this DIVA, I agree it is right to re-examine the event. It is indeed frightening that the Police have seemingly been given the power to kill and use it in such an irresponsible way. However, the big question in my mind is, why did no one have the basic common sense to approach him and ask for ID. the minute he left his flat ?

That was the major failure..no-one positively identified him and despite a policy of not allowing a suspected bomber to enter the tube system, they did just that. Then they panicked.

Don't forget when their own copper nearly got the same treatment at the end - because he probably resembled the photo as much as the victim they shot!

It said at the beginning that some hadn't even kept the photo after looking at it!

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt he not supposed to be here in the first place? Wasnt here working here illegally? If so, then maybe if he wasnt this wouldnt have happened to him? Yes, i know they cocked it up and its bad for his family, but like i said, if he wasnt here illegally, then it wouldnt have happened.

Archived