Police shootings - Jean-Claude de Menezes

Sorry correct me if I'm incorrect in the way I read your post but your the one that believes it was an Unlawfull killing?

Im saying in my opinion the police made a correct decision in the time they had the situation they was in the information the officers (who finially shot him dead) was given.

Apologies that should have read "wasn't"

Plus he supposedly ran off when police shouted :loopy:
Tell me, if you were going about your business and someone you didn't know was chasing after you with a gun shouting at you to stop, would you stop or would you assume they intended to do you great harm?

Tell me, if you were going about your business and someone you didn't know was chasing after you with a gun shouting at you to stop, would you stop or would you assume they intended to do you great harm?

Of course he never actually ran and they never actually told him to stop.

So the scenario is actually what would you do if sat on the tram (local flavour) and someone walks on, drags you to the floor and shoots you in the head 7 times?

Not a lot is the answer, as you've not been challenged, told to stop, warned by the police or indeed given any chance at all. You're dead.

The officers on the ground were getting increasingly desperate because of their inept superiors and poor strategy, bad use of intelligence, and one officer soldier on secondment going for a slash at the most crucial moment, the moment of positive identification of the suspect as he leaves his residence.

The increasingly desperate officers were then cut-off from their dithering superiors in the tube station and believing the worst executed the unsuspecting electrician in a frenzied hail of bullets.

At the inquest:

The jury returned an open verdict.

All of which suggests that the two officers who fired might have been doing what they thought best, but the series of events that lead to an innocent mans death should have seen the prosecution of the superiors for gross incompetence. I wonder if corporate manslaughter could have fitted.

Lets get real!! I think you would be able to tell the difference between 6 armed cops with POLICE written all over them and some bum with a gun.

All of which suggests that the two officers who fired might have been doing what they thought best, but the series of events that lead to an innocent mans death should have seen the prosecution of the superiors for gross incompetence. I wonder if corporate manslaughter could have fitted.

corporate manslaughter would I agree been much more suitable than murder, The case was seen as manslaughter although maybe not directly called manslaughter, as the Lads family was given compensation, as after the event the police did realise there mistakes regrettably a little to late

Lets get real!! I think you would be able to tell the difference between 6 armed cops with POLICE written all over them and some bum with a gun.

As I hadn't done anything wrong, I'd be wanting to get out of the line of fire of the police and whatever nasty they were after. Hence I'd be moving, fast.

Of course it's irrlevant as the CCTV clearly shows none of this actually happened - de Menezes wasn't challenged at all.

The police were under cover so will not have had police written all over them but I agree with the point still you would be able to tell the difference. And If they was pointing a gun at you, I would probably stop especially somewhere like a tube station where you have no where to go

Archived