Hardest golf holes

jilljoe

1. 1st at hillies, wombwell

2. 9th at beauchief

3. 8th at wortley.

All a pain in the rear and turns it from a game of golf to a game of b~@>ard.

I am no golfer ……….. more a hacker ……… Hillies is a pitch and put, what’s hard about the 1st ?

The first runs left to right, aim high left and you cant go wrong unless they have changed it since I last went.

The only one that would make a real “golf” hole is the one with the large banking between the T and the fairway, is it the 5th?

I am no golfer ……….. more a hacker ……… Hillies is a pitch and put, what’s hard about the 1st ?

The first runs left to right, aim high left and you cant go wrong unless they have changed it since I last went.

The only one that would make a real “golf” hole is the one with the large banking between the T and the fairway, is it the 5th?

Accuracy and length, makes the 1st hard, high and left makes it a pot luck shot, the hole your referring to is the 7th,an is probably one of the easyist if your compentent with the driver,

Accuracy and length, makes the 1st hard, high and left makes it a pot luck shot, the hole your referring to is the 7th,an is probably one of the easyist if your compentent with the driver,

A straight shot means you have to hit the green or it will run away to the right, it as to make sense to aim left unless those trees have thickened up since I last went.

what are your three hardest golf holes in sheffield.mine would be 1.3rd at hillsborough.2.18th at tankersley,3 8th at wortley

Good thread!

Agree the Hillsborough and Tankersley ones but I can't recall the Wortley hole.

I tend to play the Golfit courses now and on these I'd go for the 17th at Tinsley, the 9th at Beauchief, the 4th at Tapton and 16th at Birley!

Good thread!

Agree the Hillsborough and Tankersley ones but I can't recall the Wortley hole.

I tend to play the Golfit courses now and on these I'd go for the 17th at Tinsley, the 9th at Beauchief, the 4th at Tapton and 16th at Birley!

I haven’t played for a number of years but as you say it’s a good thread, the 17th at Tinsley, is that the par 3 with the green on a raised “Plateau”

I haven’t played for a number of years but as you say it’s a good thread, the 17th at Tinsley, is that the par 3 with the green on a raised “Plateau”

Yeah that's the one, it does my head in!

I hit the ball (not through choice) right to left, there's out of bounds left and the wind is predominantly right to left.

I'm a fairly decent golfer and I hit that green about once in every 10 goes.

Archived