Where is the best Thai restaurant in Sheffield?

s121986

It's a subjective question but I think Baan Thai at the bottom of London Road (Actually addressed as Ecesall Road I think) is rather good. I've heard other people say similar.

We must have gone on a bad day then. The restaurant itself is beautiful inside but the food tasted awful. Haven't dared go back to see if it was a one off.

After visiting all of Sheffield restaurants, and spending a month in Thailand, I say Thai Punna and Baan Thai, both on London Rd are the best for food, service and atmosphere. Thai Punna wins for me!

The Thai Orchid further up is the worst food I have ever tasted....microwaved rice! :gag:

• 2 weeks later...
After visiting all of Sheffield restaurants, and spending a month in Thailand, I say Thai Punna and Baan Thai, both on London Rd are the best for food, service and atmosphere. Thai Punna wins for me!

The Thai Orchid further up is the worst food I have ever tasted....microwaved rice! :gag:

How do you microwave rice?!

I've travelled Thailand and SE Asia extensively and would say the Orchid (previously the Siam Inter) is the most authentic in Sheffield for food. Not quite as pleasant decor as the others, but for food alone it wins every time.

How do you microwave rice?!

I've travelled Thailand and SE Asia extensively and would say the Orchid (previously the Siam Inter) is the most authentic in Sheffield for food. Not quite as pleasant decor as the others, but for food alone it wins every time.

I saw them put cooked rice into a bowl, then put it into the microwave. They then turned it out onto a plate and gave it to me, to my utter disgust!

I too have travelled to Thailand and I thought the food was as poor as can be at the Orchid!

Been to all mentioned so far except Thai Punna tbh. All Siam is a class above the others. We've taken friends to a few of these places as well and that's a unanimous verdict. We tried Patoo recently - it's okay - nothing special. The Travellers at Holmesfield is good I agree - but still not of the quality of All Siam.

We like our Thai food and used to travel up to Leeds to go to Chao praya - which is really excellent as well. But since All Siam opened we would go there every time now. Hope it keeps it's standards up - if you haven't tried it then you really should. Only criticism here is that it's small and cramped, but nicely done out inside all the same.