Is it worth having kids?

While I agree with your general sentiment may I ask if you have children and if so do you avail yourself of the universal Child Benefit. ;)

No to both. I have worked ever since I left school in 1966 as has OH. I just pay other peoples council tax and income support while having my pension deferred for another year and the same with my right to have free travel at age 60.

No to both. I have worked ever since I left school in 1966 as has OH. I just pay other peoples council tax and income support while having my pension deferred for another year and the same with my right to have free travel at age 60.

So no Kids but a massive chip on your shoulder. Shame.

Rights are something that are bestowed on others as in all UK children have a right to an education, people will do what comes naturally but that doesn’t mean they have a right to have children,

I know I am splitting hairs but I hate it when people start quoting their “rights”, as I said who gives them these rights?

Some people have to pay thousands of pounds to try and conceive, what happened to their rights.

I dont know where you're coming from with this at all, you're not "given" the right to have children by anyone, its no one else's business actually.

Rights are something that are bestowed on others as in all UK children have a right to an education, people will do what comes naturally but that doesn’t mean they have a right to have children,

I know I am splitting hairs but I hate it when people start quoting their “rights”, as I said who gives them these rights?

Some people have to pay thousands of pounds to try and conceive, what happened to their rights.

If sopmeone wants to pay thousands of pounds to have children then so be it.

Are you trying to tell me that some people shouldn't have children because they don't fit into the society that's been forced upon us all?

We are not against people having children if they can financially support them but it's those who sponge off state with no intention of working and the taxpayer has to foot the bill, at the moment the pot is almost empty

If the government are willing to give these people money then they are going to take it.

ANYONE has the right to have children, regardless of their financial background. As long as they are willing to put the work into looking after them and put 110% into bringing them up.

It makes me angry to here such crap! Just because some people are at the bottom of the social ladder doesn't mean they should have their natural right to breed! No man or woman should be able to make such silly rules!

I may have my rose tinted spectacles on, but back then there was a lot more work about, you could leave one job then walk straight into another. Its not like that now and it has had a negative effect on society.

You can't leave one job and walk straight into another today?? How many people are unemploied at the moment today?

There wasn't any benefits back then either. My great grandad couldn't find work because he couldn't work down the pit due to his helth. He didn't get incap or any hand outs, he had to fend for himself and feed a large family.

Archived