Is it worth having kids?

So you think it's socially acceptable for people to have as many kids as they want, even though they have no means of bringing them up in a responsible manner in the full knowledge that you'll never need to work again due to government handouts? :huh:

Not to speak for Phan but he didn't say that. Human biology doesn't worry about the bills.

What a load of twaddle, if you can't afford kids you don't have to have them. It's nothing to do with biology, this is 2011 and contraception is freely available for people with common sense not to burden taxpayer with offspring they can't afford. Also for your information I have met Alcoblog at forum meet and he is very nice and I'll thank you not to call him stupid

I don't think he was calling me 'stupid' Lin, based on the inverted commas. I think it's a phrase? :)

Not to speak for Phan but he didn't say that. Human biology doesn't worry about the bills.

Biology has nothing to do with it, responsible people use contraception if they know they can't afford kids and don't expect tax payer to pay for their upkeep - we don't have a bottomless pit of money, we're in an economic quagmire at the moment:roll::roll:

For the record, the final sentence was a humorous reference to this very famous phrase:

It's the economy, stupid

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_economy,_stupid)

And not actually calling anyone stupid, in case there was any doubt it anyone's mind.

If you don't wake up in the morning and go to bed at night and spend the intervening time as well, thinking about having children, then you probably don't want any.

But many people, myself included, experience an overwhelming desire for children. And that depth of desire is common to nearly all human beings.

Biology has nothing to do with it, responsible people use contraception if they know they can't afford kids and don't expect tax payer to pay for their upkeep - we don't have a bottomless pit of money, we're in an economic quagmire at the moment:roll::roll:

Biology has everything to do with it. The body doesn't automatically become sterile when skint. I understand your point with responsibility but if people have the natural urge to breed then they will. By paying people with kids surely the government are the irresponsible ones? Yet all they are doing is ensuring we provide for future generations as ultimately we're screwed without one.

We, as humans, are one of the very few species of animals that enjoys having sex. Other animals procreate through necessity only.

Humans have invented our own set of rules, mainly based around money and as such (like it or not) should adhere to it.

It's not as if we have any natural predators which keep our population down. We don't need to have four, five or six children whilst relying on other people to support them. There's far too many humans in the world as it is ... why don't as Jeremy Kyle says to the synaptically challenged half wits on his 'I'm Jeremy Kyle' show... just 'put something on the end of it'?

They can still s*** their hearts out without burdening themselves and more importantly ... everyone else!?

Biology has everything to do with it. The body doesn't automatically become sterile when skint. I understand your point with responsibility but if people have the natural urge to breed then they will. By paying people with kids surely the government are the irresponsible ones? Yet all they are doing is ensuring we provide for future generations as ultimately we're screwed without one.

Yes but there is a limit as to how many a small country like this can sustain and what has being or not being sterile got to do with contraception?

"There's nowt to bring them into this world for.", "There's too many people", "They cost too much money" and many other lines that I often hear from people who have actually had children.

Ultimately I don't think I want children. I value money too much.

Is it worth having kids and why would you have them?

Is my selfish attitude towards children ultimately going to be the downfall of rich, westernised civilisation?

Dirty nappys too.

Thats a good reason not to have kids

Archived