Is it worth having kids?

The problem these days for women is that we may want children but don't have the opportunity to have them. Some of us aren't lucky enough to meet someone, get married and have kids etc. You see it more and more women in their 40's who would have loved to have had kids but didn't meet their Mr Right and therefore kids just didn't happen for them. I know I have many years left to have children but even i'm aware that the clock is ticking and my window is a lot shorter than it is for men.

We, as humans, are one of the very few species of animals that enjoys having sex.

Er, nope. Surely that's obvious.

Most higher primates with the faculties required do enjoy it, most other animals 'enjoy' it (in some shape or form) or they wouldn't do it.

Please forgive denlin, she can get very emotional. Hopefully dennis will take over the keyboard soon.

Weerz tha been hiding?:hihi::hihi::hihi: I am not emotional and he is of the same opinion as I am, so far as I am aware and I think I know him quite well:D

....and what has being or not being sterile got to do with contraception?

It isn't the urge to have sex which is being discussed. It's the urge to have children. That urge, if you should have it, disappears if you're sterile, and not before - and sometimes not even then.

Er, nope. Surely that's obvious.

Most higher primates with the faculties required do enjoy it, most other animals 'enjoy' it (in some shape or form) or they wouldn't do it.

I said we are 'one of the very few species of animals that like having sex'

There are two groups:

Apes ... humans, gorillas, chimpanzees.

Cetaceans ... whales, dolphins, porpoises

Considering the millions of different animals on this planet, that constitutes 'a few' to me! :rolleyes:

I said we are 'one of the very few species of animals that like having sex'

There are two groups:

Apes ... humans, gorillas, chimpanzees.

Cetaceans ... whales, dolphins, porpoises

Considering the millions of different animals on this planet, that constitutes 'a few' to me! :rolleyes:

You're saying "very few animals enjoy having sex"

I'm saying "most animals enjoy having sex".

If there was no direct payoff to an amoeba, why would it bother dividing?

Some amoebae don't and just get big, but the vast majority do.

You're saying "very few animals enjoy having sex"

I'm saying "most animals enjoy having sex".

If there was no direct payoff to an amoeba, why would it bother dividing?

Some amoebae don't and just get big, but the vast majority do.

Actually what I'm saying (stating) is I'm right and you're wrong!

Give me proof where it says that amoeba enjoy having sex for starters ... we'll work from there! :rolleyes::hihi:

Archived