Is it worth having kids?

I want you to get all up on your high horse and kick off into a big rant. This emotionally controlled denlin is boring. What's up with you these days, you had therapy or something?

I think you're just looking on the wrong thread that's all but I have to say that I did misjudge in some of the rants and reacted accordingly because I did not realise I was being wound up but that's to say others still can't do it. Look in the Sheffield Discussions:D:D:love:

I often hear women without children saying that, some under 20, some under 25, some under 30, some over 30, some over 35, at about 36, they start questioning the waste of their life, if they haven't had them by then.

Then the state steps in and offers them IVF, which I do not think it should, they have have half of their adult life to breed, they chose not to. Those with genuine problems would be looking to have IVF before their 30s.

That is an absolute pile of s***. For a start 40% of infertility cases are purely due to the man and a further 20% were it's due to a combination of the male and the female so you can't just say it's because women leave it until they're too old. In addition it's almost impossible to get a referral for fertility problems before the your late 20s then you have tests, waiting, treatment before IVF so even those who have problems are usually in their 30s or close to it before they start having it.

Although there is some unexplained fertility which may or may not be due to age the vast majority of women being treated will have 'genuine problems' like PCOS or endrometriosis. You're talking balls about something you know nothing about.

I don't think that I have seen ONE Indian or Pakistani parent in the papers with 8,9,10, or 11 children (kids are baby goats), demanding a 6 bedroom council house.....they always seem to be usless white people bleating on about how they can't manage on 30k a year benefits!

S'cuse the pun btw :)

I think you'll find the most recent highly publicised cases have involved 1 Afghani and 3 Somali families.

"There's nowt to bring them into this world for.", "There's too many people", "They cost too much money" and many other lines that I often hear from people who have actually had children.

Ultimately I don't think I want children. I value money too much.

Is it worth having kids and why would you have them?

Is my selfish attitude towards children ultimately going to be the downfall of rich, westernised civilisation?

Who cares if there are too many people, should that affect your right to have children?

Having children is the best thing I've ever done with my life! I would recommend it to anyone!

Who cares if there are too many people, should that affect your right to have children?

Having children is the best thing I've ever done with my life! I would recommend it to anyone!

Here, here! Me too. :)

(Just the one mind you, I don't think I could take the all the worry and heartache with another one!)

Here, here! Me too. :)

(Just the one mind you, I don't think I could take the all the worry and heartache with another one!)

I'm only on child number one at the moment but I can see us having at least one more or two if the next isn't a girl.

Remember, I'm not trying to be your dream man, that is your future husbands responsibility. I'm just a stand in. That said, I will do my best to the greatest reserve ever, I'll go see my costumist this week. Should I surprise you at work and carry you off somewhere? On a practical level, how much do you weigh?

Good point. Best save that fantasy for my future hubby. I'm a size 8-10 but there are a lot of stairs where I work so I wouldn't risk it ;)

Archived