Is it worth having kids?

I'm only on child number one at the moment but I can see us having at least one more or two if the next isn't a girl.

Oooh, you've far braver than me!

As much as I soooo love being a mum, I constantly worry about my little boy. When he was a baby it was all like.....what happens if he falls over and smashes his head up.....What happens if he chokes on his food etc.....Now it's all.....What happens when he starts school, will he like it? Will he make friends?....What happens if he gets bullied at school?....Then when he's older.....What happens if he goes out on the razzle and some nutter takes a disliking to him? (You hear all these horror stories)...... Oh, the worry.

That is an absolute pile of s***. For a start 40% of infertility cases are purely due to the man and a further 20% were it's due to a combination of the male and the female so you can't just say it's because women leave it until they're too old. In addition it's almost impossible to get a referral for fertility problems before the your late 20s then you have tests, waiting, treatment before IVF so even those who have problems are usually in their 30s or close to it before they start having it.

Although there is some unexplained fertility which may or may not be due to age the vast majority of women being treated will have 'genuine problems' like PCOS or endrometriosis. You're talking balls about something you know nothing about.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/ageandfertility/

At 40 your more likely to be infertile than get pregnant.

The best time to have a child is in the age range 18-25, older mothers should be frowned upon for leaving it too late. The breeding of healthy offspring should be encouraged.

As the following article explains, birth defects increase with the age of the woman giving birth.

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/fetal_development/article/birth-defects-risks

Children are the future and healthy children are what we need. By breeding early, rather than leaving it too late we can improve the future.

I'm only on child number one at the moment but I can see us having at least one more or two if the next isn't a girl.

We are not against people having children if they can financially support them but it's those who sponge off state with no intention of working and the taxpayer has to foot the bill, at the moment the pot is almost empty

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/ageandfertility/

At 40 your more likely to be infertile than get pregnant.

The best time to have a child is in the age range 18-25, older mothers should be frowned upon for leaving it too late. The breeding of healthy offspring should be encouraged.

As the following article explains, birth defects increase with the age of the woman giving birth.

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/fetal_development/article/birth-defects-risks

Children are the future and healthy children are what we need. By breeding early, rather than leaving it too late we can improve the future.

Yes. Which is why no fertility treatment whatsoever is provided for those over 39.

You were talking about people seeking fertility treatment. The overwhelming majority of people seeking that are not people who've simply left it too late but are people with genuine medical problems. And again, the 60% of fertility problems which involve a degree of male factor infertility show that you saying 'it's just because people have left it to late' is balls because mens age is far less a factor in their fertility issues.

Pontificating that it's terrible that fertility treatment is given away free because it's only needed because women leave it to late is balls. Utter balls.

Who cares if there are too many people, should that affect your right to have children?

Who gives people this “right”, I bet there are many childless couples that would like an answer to that question.

We had two boys and would have loved a girl but you have to consider the implications, 25 years later we have been blessed with a granddaughter ………… it’s a strange world.

[The best time to have a child is in the age range 18-25, older mothers should be frowned upon for leaving it too late. The breeding of healthy offspring should be encouraged.]

Biologically yes, but how many people in this age bracket today are mature enough to raise a child properly? Me and my husband were due to start IVF this year due to multiple fertility issues, but we're seriously considering remaining childfree as we're struggling to see the benefits a child would bring to our lives.

Who gives people this “right”, I bet there are many childless couples that would like an answer to that question.

Are you saying that we dont have an automatic right to reproduce? thats an amazing statement if you are!

It could be said though that there isn't an automatic right to receive taxpayer assistance with bringing up your child/children, but thats a different thread.

That’s exactly what I am saying …………… as the saying goes ……… too many people know their rights but not there responsibilities.

I dont want to live in a world where two humans that wish to reproduce are prevented from doing so by others or the government or something, but as I've alluded to already, there shouldn't be an automatic right to be carried by the rest of society. Your kids, your responsibility.

Archived