Is it worth having kids?

I dont want to live in a world where two humans that wish to reproduce are prevented from doing so by others or the government or something, but as I've alluded to already, there shouldn't be an automatic right to be carried by the rest of society. Your kids, your responsibility.

Nobody can prevent it or ban it happening but that is quite different from people having “rights” ….. rights are given by others, who is giving these people the right to have children.

.. rights are given by others, who is giving these people the right to have children.

Human Rights laws give people the right to family. If two people wish to procreate then that is their choice. If they wish to procreate 24 times then so be it.

I think the sensible option with this should be child benefit for the first two children, and after that it is solely the parents financial responsibility.

Nobody can prevent it or ban it happening but that is quite different from people having “rights” ….. rights are given by others, who is giving these people the right to have children.

I dont want to get into a silly pedantic argument about the definition of the word "right(s)", I'd just say that reproducing is of course a natural thing that (free) people cannot be prevented from doing. But again, that said, people shouldn't expect taxpayers to carry them.

I dont want to get into a silly pedantic argument about the definition of the word "right(s)", I'd just say that reproducing is of course a natural thing that (free) people cannot be prevented from doing. But again, that said, people shouldn't expect taxpayers to carry people.

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Who gives people this “right”, I bet there are many childless couples that would like an answer to that question.

We had two boys and would have loved a girl but you have to consider the implications, 25 years later we have been blessed with a granddaughter ………… it’s a strange world.

I don't understand what you mean by "who gives you this right".........

It's every man and womans right to have children, that's what we are here fore after all.

We are not against people having children if they can financially support them but it's those who sponge off state with no intention of working and the taxpayer has to foot the bill, at the moment the pot is almost empty

If people get money thrown at them, they are going to take it. My grand parents have told me about how little money they had when they were growing up. She was one of 5 children, they had no govenment hand outs. They just got on with life.

If people get money thrown at them, they are going to take it. My grand parents have told me about how little money they had when they were growing up. She was one of 5 children, they had no govenment hand outs. They just got on with life.

I may have my rose tinted spectacles on, but back then there was a lot more work about, you could leave one job then walk straight into another. Its not like that now and it has had a negative effect on society.

I may have my rose tinted spectacles on, but back then there was a lot more work about, you could leave one job then walk straight into another. Its not like that now and it has had a negative effect on society.

If you're talking about 1920's and 30's there wasn't it was much like it is now. Prosperity was post war and when I left school in 1966 there were loads of jobs - you could take your pick and you got day release to go to college or apprenticeships

Archived