Wedding Questions

Hi All,

Me and the OH had just confirmed our wedding date, for September next year. We are having a ceremony in a hotel with close friends and family followed by a wedding breakfast. Then later on that day we are having a reception for around 75-90 people. As we have the bridal suite for the night prior, and the night of the wedding and I will be getting ready at the hotel I will not need a wedding car.. We are however thinking of hiring a "flash" car, audi/ BMW etc for the day for my Fiances best man to drive him there. and I have a few questions to ask

Can anyone recommend a car hire place for 1 day?

Preferably someone who will deliver it to our house, and then collect it from the hotel the night of the reception or the following morning. We do not need anything fancy, just someone with a nice flash motor where insurance is included in price. or best man can show his documents to insure etc.

What date should I look at getting Wedding invitations out?

I don't want to do it too early,but then again I'm not sure what will be too late, to ensure people have enough time to make arrangements.

Do I include in the invitations what gifts we want?

I always found this a bit rude, but friends are saying as my parents are paying for our honeymoon, just say in the invitation we would prefer vouchers or cash for our spendos. I am a bit nervous about mentioning any type of gift, so am not too sure..

Can anyone recommend a decent photographer?

We have a few ideas, but are open to other recommendations. We will need to see a portfolio of similar jobs, prior to booking, to ensure success on the day.

Can anyone recommend someone for flower centre pieces for the wedding breakfast? Also for bouquets and button holes/ corsages

Again, we have some recommended by the hotel, but we want to explore our options.

I had the same problems with finding a way to politely ask for spends for the honeymoon as we don't need anything for the house etc.

I found a quirky poem online that I slightly altered to fit our needs. We then printed it on some paper and put in the invites with home made RSVP postcards ..... we're then having a wishing well at the reception for the cards, especially those with "gifts" in, so nothing gets misplaced :)

We're getting married October, and sent out save the date cards in about February and the invites went out about May/June with a final date for returns on them. True to form the final date for RSVP's is getting close and there are so many still that haven't responded either way <sigh> All they need to do is tick the appropriate box and stick a 2nd class stamp on lol

Angi

Date for invites: We sent ours 3 months before. We had some guests say they had already accepted other invites so with hindsight would have sent a month earlier

Gifts: We struggled with this. I found, and bought, little cards with a poem on saying we would rather have money.But it didn't feel right so didn't send them. We didn't say anything about gifts in end. But got lodas of people asking what we wanted. So what I would say is just write something in card. I would have said something like "the most important thing is you coming to our special day but if you would like to give us a gift we would appreciate vouchers"

Flowers: We used Sarah's florists and totally recommend them. Lovely flowers and not overpriced

Good luck with all your planning. It is all totally worth it

Thanks all for the comments.

The invite stuff is very useful to know, and gives us time to plan at getting the invites etc out. I think the quirly poem sounds good, so I will look into that. I may stick some SAEs in with the invites to ensure people get back to us, going on what Angilaruk has said.

I will also look into Sarahs florists. At present, I am just doing a lot of looking at things online, but hope to get out and about from the 7th Sept when we both have some holiday days off.

3 -4 months is the standard for wedding invites - where are you getting married, have you decided or do you need some options for that as well ?

I'd rather not share the exact venue, due to a "strange" (and that's putting it mildly) ex I have who frequents this site. Sorry :(. We have paid our deposit, the date is booked in, and we have our date booked and our appointment with the registrar. The first paragraph of my OP explains our plans :)

The only things we are unsure of are the questions that I listed, as everything else is included/ booked with the hotel.

Thanks for the invite advice

Date for invites - Send them out about 3-4months before the wedding Also include your gift list in them etc.

Photographer - I can recommend JPC Photography -very good!!

FLowers - DaisyChain at Frechvlille are doing mine and they are very good.

Thanks... I will look at JPC for wedding photography as a few people have recommended them. I have an option of around 4 that have emailed me on here, and look good options :)

Hi

A reccomendation for a photographer for you steven from falcon weddings is amazing !

Our big day was last friday and steven couldnt have been any more ace ! I hate been in front of a camera but after our pre wedding shoot he had totally relaxed me and made working with him so enjoyable every single one of our guests said they had never seen a photographer work as hard even laying on the floor in the church for the perfect shot!

I was that comfotable with him n he fitted in that well i found my self stood chatting to him instead of guests :)

Im sure our day would not have run so smoothly or been so perfect without him !

Archived