Wedding Questions

Hi there

I have just began planning our wedding for july 2013 and i am finding it sll rather daunting! It is going to be a big wedding die to large families- 210 day guests and an extra 60 at night. We want a marquee receptiomn and need so i am looking for somewhere to have a marquee- any suiggestions?? we want a english tea party/ country garden theme

also, we are expecting some people to not be able to attend but want to know early on who these are so we can invite other people who we had originally not invited due to keeping numbers as low as possible. so i wanted to send out the invitations to my partner's family early, like january (due to marry july) and give them a month to rsvp and then that way i can work out which people on my side i could invite if any of his cant make it. I didnt want to send my sides out til then in case people talk and discover they got their invitations later than others and work out they were a 2nd choice. but is sending invited 7 months in advance too early?

we also want a family style catering where we have large bowls of food on each table and then someone serves kebabs to people- has anyone been to a wedding before with this? if so what was it like?

any advice anyone can give me on anything- in particular venues, marquee hire and catering would be massively appreciated!

thanks

We used the John Lewis wedding list service just so relatives who expected to buy traditional gifts could - without transporting them all the way to Scotland and us not having a way of getting them all home! As a result, those who decided not to buy from the list or felt uncomfortable being empty handed on the day bought us JLP vouchers

I did wrangle with the idea for an age, but traditionally it's the mother of the bride who coordinates the wedding list, but who does that these days?

What we did in the end was choose a really short list with a wide variation of prices, then kept an eye on what had gone off it and added more to ensure there was still choice for others

• 2 weeks later...

How long do you need to plan a wedding? My fiance proposed to me a couple of weeks ago and we decided to get married in summer 2013 but i a starting to wonder whether we could arrange it all in 10 months??! I am super organised and have already decided on the venue/ catering etc and guest list and have a very good idea of what else we will be having.

Is 10 months cutting it too short and should i be sensibel and stick with summer 2013?

I know someone that has delegated everything to close friends and family. They each go out and seek what they can on what they have been told to look for, find some options, prices etc, go back to the bride and groom. It works well as they still have the final say over everything but dont have to put all the leg work in to get it sorted themselves. A problem shared is a problem halved....

Hi h2407 my and my OH are getting married in August 2012 at the sheffield registry office and i have booked everything we need and paid deposits because i want a stress less few months on the run up to my wedding day if i can do it im sure you can and we done it all under £3000 x

Good luck

xxxxx

We booked our date in February, and are getting married mid October, so yes, 10 months is enough time, but as others have said, you will need to be flexible. I would imagine if you want a "princess" type wedding, you'll need more time simply due to venues etc for them being booked up years in advance.

Angi

Archived