Pond safety advice

agree with ChrisT70, ponds are soooooooooooooo dangerous, can you be there every second that your kids are in the garden? Im sure you know all this!

its got to be able to take the weight of an adult or the weight of all your kids jumping on it!

I would get it made properly by reputable fabricator/blacksmith type firm and make sure it is well fitted over the pond and well secured...

theres no skimping on saftey for your kids...:-)

cant recommend a firm but look up light fabricators or blacksmiths - people who make metal fences - etc

i built a pond for a bloke who keeps koi carp i built it for him so 3/4 was built into the garden and the rest was above ground .the above ground bit was something like 2 foot high so children couldnt easily fall in (they would have to climb up )he also had metal wire with built in lugs to hold the wire so it couldnt slip. hope this helps

We have a koi pond, a 4 yr old and a dog and 2 cats! the pond is 8ft x 6tf and 7ft deep, Its only 2 ft high from ground level so we had a wrought iron frame built with an opening that locks so we can get in to maintain the pond, Daves wrought iron on wooley wood bottom made it for us, hes done all my wrought iron ( a big gate, small gate and railings) great prices and a lovely bloke, its not the cheapest but its the safest option and the will last for years his number is 07766447239, free quotes aswell. Good luck

Archived