Don't leave your bag on passenger car seat

Daughter was driving home from work up Prince of Wales road yesterday, she came to a stand still waiting to get in left hand lane going towards Intake, she saw to young men hanging about one of them came towards her car saw her bag on seat and tried to open car door fortunately it was locked, she then managed to drive away but it shook her up, Police were informed and have taken a statement, be carefull.

It is, but some people dont have 2 brain cells to rub together :loopy:

I agree. It makes me laugh how many times i walk by a car with a satnav cradle stuck to the windscreen. Every thief knows the unit is either in the glove box or under one of the front seats :roll:

0742Sheff, hindsight is a wonderful thing!! I know someone who had her handbag whipped of the front seat at the lights at Millhouses, all very distressing. My last car didn't have a 'self locking' device, and I would often forget to lock the doors. This car does thankfully. I only drive a couple of yards or so and I am locked in, very comforting when you are on your own. Hope the OP daughter has got over the shock.

I never leave mine on the seat, always put it on the floor behind driver's seat.

TBH it's not safe there either unless you only have 2 door car or your doors are locked from inside. Thieving scumbags are enterprising in their methods just not very good on their moral code of conduct. You would not believe the extent to which I hate thieves. We lost two family members - one of mine and one of OH's - due to thieving scroats. There actions caused the victims so much stress that they never got over it. My auntie went from being a very active old lady to being bedridden overnight, very similar thing with OH's disabled uncle

TBH it's not safe there either unless you only have 2 door car or your doors are locked from inside. Thieving scumbags are enterprising in their methods just not very good on their moral code of conduct. You would not believe the extent to which I hate thieves. We lost two family members - one of mine and one of OH's - due to thieving scroats. There actions caused the victims so much stress that they never got over it. My auntie went from being a very active old lady to being bedridden overnight, very similar thing with OH's disabled uncle

That's awful, I really feel for you. The scumbags just don't care how it affects people.

Thankfully I have got a 2 door car & they lock automatically.

Archived