Authentic Spanish meal

shef sparky

Sorry but please note the 'IMHO', if you are ever in the area, try the paella at Bar Sali in Calella de Palafrugel, it's the best I've ever have, and I regulally stay in the region of Valencia.

Also some nice Spanish food to be had in Llafranc nearby and a beautiful part of Spain.

Best authentic food I have ever had has always been up the mountains in remote villages.

Most Spanish meals are simple meals but they know how to make the best out of things, try the marinated partridge or the quail stew in the villages or go to the Gypsy horse fairs and join in and eat what they eat but don't ask what it is.

Lovelly jubelly.

Also some nice Spanish food to be had in Llafranc nearby and a beautiful part of Spain.

Best authentic food I have ever had has always been up the mountains in remote villages.

Most Spanish meals are simple meals but they know how to make the best out of things, try the marinated partridge or the quail stew in the villages or go to the Gypsy horse fairs and join in and eat what they eat but don't ask what it is.

Lovelly jubelly.

Salvador Dali had a friend who owned and ran a hotel in Llafranc, it was anyone's guess if he appeared in normal dress, or as a female flamenco dancer. The cliff walk from Calella de Palafrugell to Llafranc has some really stunning views, walking back after consuming copious amounts of local booze is less impressive. :gag:

Salvador Dali had a friend who owned and ran a hotel in Llafranc, it was anyone's guess if he appeared in normal dress, or as a female flamenco dancer. The cliff walk from Calella de Palafrugell to Llafranc has some really stunning views, walking back after consuming copious amounts of local booze is less impressive. :gag:

The last time I did that walk I saw a green cobra just over the wall, it was raised with it's hood showing, a rare and magnificent sight.

Actually it was Montpellier Snake but the locals called it the above name.

I frequented this bar a few times in '80-81.....always a brilliant evening, and done the cliff walk, sober & drunk...:hihi:

I frequented this bar a few times in '80-81.....always a brilliant evening, and done the cliff walk, sober & drunk...:hihi:

Does anyone remember the Bar Raquel, situated just below the path that goes past Bar Sali? I bought a round for the regulars, as I recall some had beers and some had Soberanos, one had a coffee, one opted for a cigar, it cost me all of £1.00, it was in 1975 by the way. :hihi:

A friend of mine used to go their all the time John Baines from Sheffield he had a plumbing business and was a member of Dore and Totley golf club.

Archived