Hurricane season - a sign that god is angry ?

God must look down on his subjects with dismay. His subjects are having sex, drinking alcohol, taking resources (ie, oil etc....) and are fueling the capitalist system.

His subjects are at war with each other, they kill each other and destroy each others surroundings. Humans are cruel to other creatures and have caused the extinction of some animals.

Is the hurricane season a sign god is seriously hacked off? it seems strange that New York is being hit by a hurricane as that is a major financial area - will London be next for a sign from god, that he is hacked off?

New York doth always cop it, check out "The Day Before Tomorrow" or "Cloverfield" or "I am Legend" and so on and so forth....eth.

Since a lot of hurricanes hit poorer countries on a regular basis,I would say no.

Our country has done more than its fair share of damage to others,yet we are blessed with the occasional flooding(which is more to do with the crappy drainage system rather than God).

The list of countries that definatly don't deserve Gods wrath yet suffer from natural disasters,has got to be larger than the countries more deserving of a bit of backlash from God.(not that there is a God anyways in my opinion,and its this kind of logic that makes my mind up).

hadn't you heard the poor are responsible for everything...

He should be angry.

He would be if he existed.There are no mythical creatures - God, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, the fairies at the bottom of the garden - only me the wicked witch of the North and I'm hacked off because I've got to wait another year for my pension but I'm denying any responsibility for the New York disaster. Anybody that thinks I have will need to see my trusted aide Mr R Rooney:D

God must look down on his subjects with dismay. His subjects are having sex, drinking alcohol, taking resources (ie, oil etc....) and are fueling the capitalist system.

His subjects are at war with each other, they kill each other and destroy each others surroundings. Humans are cruel to other creatures and have caused the extinction of some animals.

Is the hurricane season a sign god is seriously hacked off? it seems strange that New York is being hit by a hurricane as that is a major financial area - will London be next for a sign from god, that he is hacked off?

fortunatly, god doesn't control the weather, well he/she/it/they do only in so far as they created a universe where the laws of physics allow for this sort of weather.

the creator(s) may indeed look down, or up or across at us with dismay, but they don't show that dismay by fiddling with the weather.

to paraphrase school physics, heat flows from hot to cold.

this does not happen by magic. what we call the hurricane season is one of the mechanisms by which heat from the tropics reaches the polar regions and which is something that has happened for thousands of years.

tropical cyclones strong enough to reach the latitudes where new york is happen quite frequently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_hurricanes

this one seems to have caught the eye of the world news, most don't even get a mention.

This is a wind up right? Or is he really that deluded?

Archived