Hurricane season - a sign that god is angry ?

The storm has gone away and god has decided to spare his subjects who live away from the waters edge.

Heed the warning, why did he choose New York which is one of major financial players within our world?

Turn your back on capitalism and money as this is not gods way

Next time, we may not be so lucky

The storm has gone away and god has decided to spare his subjects who live away from the waters edge.

Heed the warning, why did he choose New York

Nobody chose anywhere. Every few years, a hurricane runs up the Eastern Seaboard; there is nothing special about this one that warrants the assumption it is anything other than a perfectly normal hurricane.

I'm plenty angry at God too whoever he is. I guess he's the God who we Chrsty-uns worship. The big tall guy with the long white beard and ermine trimmed robes who bellows like Brian Blessed in "Scrooge" and shoots rivers of flames from his finger tips.

When a tree falls on a house during a storm and some kid miraculously survives he gets all the credit so why dont he save all the other kids who otherwise die by the hundreds.

The Man is too picky for my taste

When a tree falls on a house during a storm and some kid miraculously survives he gets all the credit so why dont he save all the other kids who otherwise die by the hundreds.

On a much larger scale, you would think that if God wanted to send an anti-capitalist hurricane, he could have managed not to blow it through half a dozen dirt-poor Caribbean nations on its way to New York.

On a much larger scale, you would think that if God wanted to send an anti-capitalist hurricane, he could have managed not to blow it through half a dozen dirt-poor Caribbean nations on its way to New York.

That was just a warning to the Caribbeans not to get any uppity ideas about getting rich themselves

Weather happened before humans. God was a word for early humans to explain weather and other such difficulties of existence. Time we grew up people.... If it were god, would they allow us to see it coming? IE meteorology?

I blame it on the flying spaghetti monster to challenge my faith

God must look down on his subjects with dismay. His subjects are having sex, drinking alcohol, taking resources (ie, oil etc....) and are fueling the capitalist system.

His subjects are at war with each other, they kill each other and destroy each others surroundings. Humans are cruel to other creatures and have caused the extinction of some animals.

Is the hurricane season a sign god is seriously hacked off? it seems strange that New York is being hit by a hurricane as that is a major financial area - will London be next for a sign from god, that he is hacked off?

You are a fisherman of the highest caliber ratty. Well done ;)

God must look down on his subjects with dismay. His subjects are having sex

Designed to do so, required to do so to pro create, and it happens to be fun...

drinking alcohol

And :huh:

taking resources (ie, oil etc....)

They wouldn't be resources if they weren't available for the taking...

and are fueling the capitalist system.

The best free market system we've invented yet.

His subjects are at war with each other, they kill each other and destroy each others surroundings. Humans are cruel to other creatures and have caused the extinction of some animals.

Many species have caused the extinction of other animals, many animals are cruel, many fight over resources and some will destroy their environment as well.

Is the hurricane season a sign god is seriously hacked off?

No, it's just weather.

it seems strange that New York is being hit by a hurricane as that is a major financial area

Strange in what way? It appears to be perfectly natural to me.

- will London be next for a sign from god, that he is hacked off?

A visit from Santa with a giant bag of presents is about as likely.

Archived