Hurricane season - a sign that god is angry ?

The storm has gone away and god has decided to spare his subjects who live away from the waters edge.

Heed the warning, why did he choose New York which is one of major financial players within our world?

Turn your back on capitalism and money as this is not gods way

Next time, we may not be so lucky

You're a few shares short of a voting majority aren't you!

A predictable annual event (hurricane), reaches NYC (not at all unusual) and doesn't kill everyone (also normal). And you think it's a sign from god.

There are approx 60 hurricanes every year, and they hit places all over the world, including the US on a regular basis, and they've been doing this since before there were humans around to notice them.

As a sign from an imaginary being, they're pretty subtle.

God must look down on his subjects with dismay. His subjects are having sex, drinking alcohol, taking resources (ie, oil etc....) and are fueling the capitalist system.

His subjects are at war with each other, they kill each other and destroy each others surroundings. Humans are cruel to other creatures and have caused the extinction of some animals.

Is the hurricane season a sign god is seriously hacked off? it seems strange that New York is being hit by a hurricane as that is a major financial area - will London be next for a sign from god, that he is hacked off?

From the general quality of your posts I deduce you are not one of his subjects. :D

The storm has gone away and god has decided to spare his subjects who live away from the waters edge.

Heed the warning, why did he choose New York which is one of major financial players within our world?

Turn your back on capitalism and money as this is not gods way

Next time, we may not be so lucky

I saw you down Attercliffe way 4 years ago holding up a cardboard sign.

You must have progressed since then as you are now Online. Do you get the service no charge or do you have to pay M-O-N-E-Y for it?

I reckon you're just a joker anyway :hihi: :hihi:

How do you know?

I rather think that the emphisis is on those who believe in any given deity to provide evidence of his/her existstence, not the other way round. :)

I can't prove that there aren't fairys at the bottom of my garden either. :cool:

He would be if he existed.There are no mythical creatures - God, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, the fairies at the bottom of the garden - only me the wicked witch of the North and I'm hacked off because I've got to wait another year for my pension but I'm denying any responsibility for the New York disaster. Anybody that thinks I have will need to see my trusted aide Mr R Rooney:D

:huh: So who put the money under my pillow then?:(

You're a few shares short of a voting majority aren't you!

A predictable annual event (hurricane), reaches NYC (not at all unusual) and doesn't kill everyone (also normal). And you think it's a sign from god.

There are approx 60 hurricanes every year, and they hit places all over the world, including the US on a regular basis, and they've been doing this since before there were humans around to notice them.

As a sign from an imaginary being, they're pretty subtle.

And of course, who would know more about this, than you?:D

And of course, who would know more about this, than you?:D

Even if you assume that what Cyclone posted is the sum total of his knowledge about hurricanes, he still knows enough to prove your theory wrong; and there are a vast number of people who know more about them than that, and could refute your arguments even more strongly, as if that were necessary.

Archived