The American Dream - Is it Over?

So eliminate millions of Chinese jobs and what do you have? The biggest time bomb in history waiting to go off. That's what!

A country of 1.5 billion people needs to be kept in jobs and needs to be brought to an acceptable level in decent living standards otherwise somewhere down the line those millions will put on uniforms and start pouring across your borders.

Every Chinese product I buy whether it's a cheap string of Christmas lights or a home entertainment system keeps someone in China in a job.

It's not all one sdied either. China is a big market for Euro, Japanese and American products.

There are BMWs, Volkswagens, Mercedes-Benz, Buicks, Toyotas and Hondas everywhere in the streets of Beijing and Shanghai

Just about all of the Air China and the domestic Chinese passenger jets are either Boeing or Airbus. Big ticket exports from us to them

Two brands out of 8, that's has to be a worry for you.

Then again who'd want an American car? and before you rant on about the non-existent British motor industry you really need to compare America with Europe as a whole.

Did Britain ever have a dream? Not in the 25 odd years I lived there. Doesn't seem to be much of a Dreamland today either. Racial tension, unemployment, rioting and looting, a sputtering economy and a younger generation who appear to be largely composed of drunken chavs

Of couse I'm not surprised that yet another thread of this sort has appeared.

Look who the OP is :hihi: :hihi:

Mister "wind up troll" must have been sitting at his keyboard thinking this one up for the last week :hihi: :hihi:

Don't know what to call him, Curly maybe:hihi:

I do. It's a lot better without him, and I can enjoy having a sensible argument with people of good will, even if we don't agree.

I'm sure the people of Vietnam, Iraq, Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Afghanistan et al would love the opportunity. ;):D

Capitalism is in decline. China will be the new superpower.

You may be right on the second point but on the first you must be joking. Since the break up of the Soviet Union capitalism has become more and more deeply entrenched.

The Communist Party of China is communist in name only. Single party state capitalism is what obtains there.

I do. It's a lot better without him, and I can enjoy having a sensible argument with people of good will, even if we don't agree.

Speaking of good will and with reference to your location I hope Irene didn't plaster you all too much. I saw Vermont got a thoroughly good rinsing :-(

Archived