Strange "call"

Hi guys!

This has only happened a couple of times, but it is really weird. Phone rings, the display says the number calling is '0' not 'withheld' just '0'. I press the button to pick up, and who or what it is calling puts down.

After a few mins the phone display will indicate that I have voice mail. So I go into voice mail and the message is a single "beeeeep" sound.

Does anyone have an idea what this is? Also not sure if it was related to this call, but today when it happened the phone line went dead for a min or so.

Very strange!

I am with talk talk, very rare I have any probs. Internet didn't cut off at all during this. I have posted in their tech support too to see if it's common.

Don't get me started about annoying "sales" calls! :rant:

I get my Landline from TalkTalk as they're a LOT cheaper than BT, and as most people on here know and regularly moan about, I'm on benefits so I need stuff as cheap as possible, but last week I must've answered the phone about 5 or 6 times to TalkTalk trying to sell me Wireless Broadband! Every time I say "No thanks" but they still phoned! :loopy: Till I eventually got mad and told them to "Sod off".

• 2 weeks later...

Those are usually illegal telemarketing calls or scams. If it's just a 0 it means that it's some kind of a VOIP phone number. The TPS laws mandate telemarketing companies to show a telephone number or at least come up as unknown, if it's just a 0 it's most probably a scam. There's lots of them reported on callercenter.com on a daily basis, you're definitely not the only one getting these calls.

You don't have to be a celeb to be harassed by marketers.

I have 'caller display' on my phone thank goodness! I had two calls on Saturday, the numbers came up as 00000000! Needless to say I didn't answer it.

I have caller display and I had one of those 00000000 calls yesterday evening, obviously, I didn't answer. Has anyone any idea what these calls are and what the caller attempts to achieve from them?

I have caller display and I had one of those 00000000 calls yesterday evening, obviously, I didn't answer. Has anyone any idea what these calls are and what the caller attempts to achieve from them?

You can telephone 09xx numbers, to hear women going "Ooooo"; but call charges are premium rated.

Archived