Is your GP on a 0845 number still?

According to the press and the link here,

http://www.sheffieldlink.org.uk/gp-phone-numbers-update

GP surgeries in Sheffield should have changed over by now.

My surgery still has not changed their number. It is no use saying, call them and ask for a ring back, as you have to wait a long time and do not get the same service as other users then. Also, Virgin Media charge a connection fee, so the worst charge applies, as soon as you phone the surgery, as you have to pay the connection fee and your call is always rounded up to the next minute anyway.

I can only find this link in the Star.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/health/gp_surgeries_are_still_using_premium_rate_dialling_codes_join_the_debate_1_3322581

but I remember seeing another article in the Star with a Sheffield NHS address that people should complain to. Does anyone know the address, please?

The government has to do something about this rip-off, and start issuing penalties. They also need to get their own house in order, with numbers such as the Job Centre, HM Revenue, etc all using 0845 numbers. It is a disgrace that people already suffering hardship should have to pay through the nose to get the help they are entitled to.

Mod Note

Posts have been removed for having no content besides a link.

Please post your opinion and use a link to supplement it, don't just post a link.

If you have any questions, or problems with moderation please contact the helpdesk.

Manor top medical centre is as far as I know, they have also restricted the number of tablets on a prescription to 28 where dosage is 1 per day, whereas before you could have 56, this now means I have to ring up twice as often, collect twice as often and go to Chemist twice as often, I have a pre pay certificate so it doesn't make a monetary difference. waste of everybody's time.

Manor top medical centre is as far as I know, they have also restricted the number of tablets on a prescription to 28 where dosage is 1 per day, whereas before you could have 56, this now means I have to ring up twice as often, collect twice as often and go to Chemist twice as often, I have a pre pay certificate so it doesn't make a monetary difference. waste of everybody's time.

That's supposed to be a national guideline and has been in place for many years; your surgery have been ignoring it, to your benefit. Presumably someone's told them to stop ignoring it.

I'm not saying that you have no legitimate complaint here, just that it probably isn't your surgery with whom you have it.

Archived