What puts you off a possible buy

So today i went to thoresby market for a scan round and i decided to have a look at some crosshatch jumpers on offer as soon as i walked near the stall and showed any kind of interest the guy was all over me.

"what size are you looking for?"

" do you like this one"

"This one is a similar colour"

"these are quite nice"

"they are only £20"

thats just some of the things he said to me.....needless to say it put me off massively and i walked straight out without any purchase.

This massively puts me off if someone jumps all over me as soon as i show any kind of interest.

So just wondered what puts you off.

Depends, usually it's the price or the convenience of getting the item home.

For instance, last week I put a thread on here in the classified section asking to buy a Blu Ray player, someone PMd me offering one for £40, but I'm not sure whether to buy it off him or go to a shop and buy one, seen one in Argos at Meadowhall today that's a good brand and plays DivX and copied discs for £79.99, and I'm more inclined to buy that than have a stranger off here come to either the Flat or Mum and Dad's to sell me a second hand one.

With all due respect why ask for a blu ray player if your uncomfortable with purchasing one isnt that abit like well.....pointless really

Depends, usually it's the price or the convenience of getting the item home.

For instance, last week I put a thread on here in the classified section asking to buy a Blu Ray player, someone PMd me offering one for £40, but I'm not sure whether to buy it off him or go to a shop and buy one, seen one in Argos at Meadowhall today that's a good brand and plays DivX and copied discs for £79.99, and I'm more inclined to buy that than have a stranger off here come to either the Flat or Mum and Dad's to sell me a second hand one.

Thats a fair point im the same these days aswell i never really have anything more than a £5 on me its way too dangerous

I am put of when people wont accept payment by credit or debit card, I WILL NOT pay cash for anything, it is vulgar and I don't feel safe carrying it around in todays society.

I'd have backed away too Location114, and I'd have told the seller why his attempts at selling techniques were making me go elsewhere too.

I back away from all sorts of pressure selling techniques. If your product is worth me buying then it's worth me making up my own mind about and shouldn't need you to 'sell' me the product. It's different if I ask a question, but even then I'd like a factual answer rather than a list of products and benefits.

The thing that really ticks me off is that most of the selling techniques are used in such a hamfisted way. Used much more sparingly and gently they are much more effective and less offensive, and more likely to result in the customer making a willing and informed decision to buy.

Thats a fair point im the same these days aswell i never really have anything more than a £5 on me its way too dangerous

I won't even carry £5 on me, the streets of Sheffield are getting worse what with all the muggings and drug related crime. It may sound silly to some people but the only time I carry cash on me is when I am in the village, it's a sad fact that this is the only place I feel safe in the city. :(

I'd have backed away too Location114, and I'd have told the seller why his attempts at selling techniques were making me go elsewhere too.

I back away from all sorts of pressure selling techniques. If your product is worth me buying then it's worth me making up my own mind about and shouldn't need you to 'sell' me the product. It's different if I ask a question, but even then I'd like a factual answer rather than a list of products and benefits.

The thing that really ticks me off is that most of the selling techniques are used in such a hamfisted way. Used much more sparingly and gently they are much more effective and less offensive, and more likely to result in the customer making a willing and informed decision to buy.

I must admit that some sales techniques are a little off putting but I always have a little smile to myself when a youngster tries to sell to me. It reminds me of myself as a lad starting out on my journey to a fortune and I always end up giving in to them after a bit of bartering, I'm a bit of a softy at heart.;)

With all due respect why ask for a blu ray player if your uncomfortable with purchasing one isnt that abit like well.....pointless really

It's not that I don't want to buy one, I'm just a bit wary of buying second hand privately, for personal reasons.

Archived