What puts you off a possible buy

I'd have backed away too Location114, and I'd have told the seller why his attempts at selling techniques were making me go elsewhere too.

I back away from all sorts of pressure selling techniques. If your product is worth me buying then it's worth me making up my own mind about and shouldn't need you to 'sell' me the product. It's different if I ask a question, but even then I'd like a factual answer rather than a list of products and benefits.

The thing that really ticks me off is that most of the selling techniques are used in such a hamfisted way. Used much more sparingly and gently they are much more effective and less offensive, and more likely to result in the customer making a willing and informed decision to buy.

I was in Currys last weekend looking at buying a 3d tv but the salesman literally followed me round the shop like a security guard would follow a group of young ruffians. Every single item I expressed an interest in had him jumping all over me, in the end I had to bail out.

we went to buy some new carpets last week and as we set foot into the shop (large chain) we were pounced on, its so off putting i feel pressured to buy or look before i'm even near a product. we had a quick look and left. its def too much.

we went to buy some new carpets last week and as we set foot into the shop (large chain) we were pounced on, its so off putting i feel pressured to buy or look before i'm even near a product. we had a quick look and left. its def too much.

Hi

Depends on the training or lack of it if they start to hassel you from the start.

We like to be approached and politley tell them we are just looking and will call for her/him as required - usually works well

:)

I won't even carry £5 on me, the streets of Sheffield are getting worse what with all the muggings and drug related crime. It may sound silly to some people but the only time I carry cash on me is when I am in the village, it's a sad fact that this is the only place I feel safe in the city. :(

May I be so bold as to suggest any spare ones could go into the send Denlin to Canada fund, your eminence:hihi::hihi:

We like to be approached and politley tell them we are just looking and will call for her/him as required - usually works well

:)

Thats what you should do, I don't understand people who flee the shop because a sales person speaks to them and never go back, it's just a person speaking to you, they're not going to make you buy something at gun-point.

Archived