What puts you off a possible buy

For instance, last week I put a thread on here in the classified section asking to buy a Blu Ray player, someone PMd me offering one for £40

It's not that I don't want to buy one, I'm just a bit wary of buying second hand privately, for personal reasons.
So why did you ask for one on here? :huh:

I bet the poster who bothered to PM you is really chuffed to know that you completely wasted his time :rolleyes:

My own put-offs:

_ moronic sales assistants (unable to comprehend that I'll only speak to them if/when I want/need to)

_ inconsistent prices (I once left well over £140's worth of groceries at the till at Tesco's, when the BOGOF or somesuch offer advertised in print on the product shelf didn't register and the till attendant wouldn't put it through because "the till didn't say so". I just walked out with the empty trolley and let them pick it all up & re-stack it)

_ incorrect product information (advertised in stock, only not (ever) there when I turn up and am offerred an "equivalent", or a salesperson tries to convince me this-that-the other model is "better"...I always research my medium and major purchases and, by the time I go to a shop, most often I know more about the products (and equivalents/competing products) than the sales assistants themselves)

_ outright cons (trade-in practices/prices by videogaming stores, for instance. There are others, e.g. knock-offs which stores try to pass as genuine goods...whereby stall/store owners usually get a few sleepless nights very shortly after :twisted: ).

It's not that I don't want to buy one, I'm just a bit wary of buying second hand privately, for personal reasons.

Then why advertise that you're wanting one if you've no intention of buying one if someone has one for sale?:loopy:

"the village"

He's not a man; he's a number!:D

now everyone is moaning about the poor signal!:huh:

Well, you was warned.

So why did you ask for one on here? :huh:

:clap:

My own put-offs:

_ moronic sales assistants (unable to comprehend that I'll only speak to them if/when I want/need to)

I can't abide those sale assistants that talk to me as if they have known me all their sad sorry lives and call me mate or pal or love or duck when they are about twenty years my junior!:mad:

a poor mobile signal is a small price to pay

Then why grumble about people now complaining?:hihi:

a poor mobile signal is a small price to pay for the health of the village residents.

What, like not being able to contact the emergency services when they are needed due to a poor signal? Yep, I can see how that is of benefit to those in "the village".:hihi:

Archived