Wedding reception venues that are good value for money in sheffield

My mum got married at the Old Rectory in Handsworth. I think it was around £3000 for everything which I think is reasonable for weddings these days. She got married there as well as the reception. Was a great day!:)

Did the £3000 cover the choir and vicar?We had the devil of a job finding a decent church-kept saying we would have to come to church a few times in the run-up,and restricted the use of a video camera.

Did the £3000 cover the choir and vicar?We had the devil of a job finding a decent church-kept saying we would have to come to church a few times in the run-up,and restricted the use of a video camera.

No choir and no vicar I'm afraid but was very good all the same.

I think its a legal requirement that you go to church a couple of times before the wedding, to hear your banns being read. You have to pay extra for the licence to video the organist or other musicians, creative commons stuffs I think (I think this is just standard practice, I have to pay a £45 fee to video it)

Stars and Mayfair on Queens Road (above the ice rink) is reasonable...

Use of Mayfair room (which holds approx 200) for afternoon reception, and Stars room from 7pm (which holds approx 400), buffet for 200 (which you can split between day and night, and add your own food to it as required) and DJ included, and the Hallam room for kids if it is free on the wedding day, and some basic table decor - £999

The norfolk arms at ringinglow is great...I got married at the botanical gardens and had the wedding breakfast & reception there. Very attentative, food was brilliant, place is lovely and it didn't cost the earth xx

• 1 month later...

Archived