Log flume accident in Bridlington.

I went on this with my daughter a few years ago. The cars are very shallow and there are no restraints. As we started going up, we both started to slide backwards. We tried to hang on to the side but it was so wet our hands couldn't get a grip. It's not a particularly high or fast ride but by the time we got to the top I did wonder what the hell we were doing to do when we dropped down. I told my daughter to try and hang on as hard as she could and I gripped my legs around her tightly. We didn't enjoy the downward bit and as the car came around slowly to the beginning to go round a second time we both jumped out. I mean it's obviously operated for years without any accidents but I certainly felt that some sort of belt would be useful for safety's sake. I can only echo Hedgehog50's sentiments that they both make a full recovery. Some of the initial news reports said that the grandmother had had her leg amputated but they don't seem to be saying it now, so let's hope it was inaccurate.

What exactly happened? I have missed the story this weekend. as I remember from the ones that were at Alton Towers and Blackpool these log flumes never had restraints on them as they did not go fast enough or steep enough to warrant them.

Hope the lady and her Grand Child recover.

What exactly happened? I have missed the story this weekend. as I remember from the ones that were at Alton Towers and Blackpool these log flumes never had restraints on them as they did not go fast enough or steep enough to warrant them.

Hope the lady and her Grand Child recover.

Story here

Thanks mate, sounds awful, looks like a major redesign of these rides may be required now. I worked a couple of months at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the early 90's and the log flume was the last ride I would have expected an accident to occur on. As I said they were not fitted with restraints.

It's not a high or fast ride as I said, although it's high enough if you don't feel safe! I just felt really insecure in the wet and slippery car & they do seem to have particularly low sides. I thought it would be very easy to fall or be thrown out of it but that's just my opinion. I've been on much bigger log flume rides than that and felt much safer.

Archived