A third of youth lags are foreign

Then we come to the thread title.

A third of youth lags are foreign

Yep. if you take an area of London with a very high proportion of immigrants and make it sound like that's the whole country.

The OP is trying to make readers look like idiots. Don't be a pillock and fall for it.

It's no wonder people are unhappy. The very face of their world is changing around them.
Why would that make you "unhappy"?

It's a reality of life. Do you have the same neighbours you had 20 years ago?

If the world around you is the same as it was 20 years ago then your life must be a very one dimensional and unchallenging experience.

Why would that make you "unhappy"?

It's a reality of life. Do you have the same neighbours you had 20 years ago?

If the world around you is the same as it was 20 years ago then your life must be a very one dimensional and unchallenging experience.

It's the usual suspects with the same old xenophobia and fear of a black planet, BF.

They'll still be there, agitating and seething in a thousand years when most of the world is cafe au lait and couldn't care less...

The three links you've posted show three different figures for foreign inmates-The Sun article 33%, the Telegraph one 16% and the Medical Justice article says 13%.

It's the usual suspects with the same old xenophobia and fear of a black planet, BF.

They'll still be there, agitating and seething in a thousand years when most of the world is cafe au lait and couldn't care less...

It does genuinely puzzle me Halibut, this belief that never changing surroundings is a positive thing. Have these people no experience of the world and the people who inhabit it?

I wonder what's intrinsically good about people who share the same physical characteristics as you or why people who don't would make someone "unhappy"?

I've had neighbours from all races, ages, social groups and sexual orientations, there was good and bad in all of them..experience tells me that it would be stupid to choose one group over another just because they looked like me.

How about if you replace "black" with "poor"

You will probably find that the numbers are just the same. Black young men often happen to be poor for various reasons.

Being poor is no excuse for committing crime.

Using this excuse insults all those poor people who do not commit crimes.

Using this excuse insults all those poor people who do not commit crimes.

I don't think the poster was proposing it as an "excuse", but you'll find that in the crime demographic "poor" people are vastly over represented-that's the more salient observation since non whites are over represented in that group too.

An excuse, no, but it could be a confounding factor in the "foreigners are crooks" argument.

If poor people are more likely to commit crime, and foreigners are almost always poor, then it would follow that foreigners are more likely to commit crime. (I specify *if*. I'm not claiming that it is so, merely pointing out that it could be.)

Archived