I Can't Hear The Grass Grow.

There are few things that my hubby enjoys more on a sunny evening than a cool beer and whizzing around the garden on his lawnmower, spraying snails and rabbit poo in all directions.

But this year there is no grass to mow. The lawns look green and healthy but apart from a couple of early mowings they just aren't growing. Indeed the grass is no longer than when it was mowed in early June.

What is happening? Is this widespread or are we in an area that has been crop sprayed with Cutlass?

Good point. Here in North Wales, I haven't cut the lawn for 4 weeks and, as we've had plenty of rain it normally needs cutting every 10/12 days. I could cut it today but its only just in need of a cut. It'll do another week easily. You're right - it just aint growing like it used to.

Strange ... I have the opposite problem. I planted a new lawn at the beginning of April and it's gone mental! I have to mow it every four days or it starts looking stupid. I could understand it it if I'd used something like ryegrass but I used top quality seed. I'm not complaining ... it's the greenest (and thickest) lawn I've ever had. I swear it must grow at least 10mm a day! :)

There are few things that my hubby enjoys more on a sunny evening than a cool beer and whizzing around the garden on his lawnmower, spraying snails and rabbit poo in all directions.

But this year there is no grass to mow. The lawns look green and healthy but apart from a couple of early mowings they just aren't growing. Indeed the grass is no longer than when it was mowed in early June.

What is happening? Is this widespread or are we in an area that has been crop sprayed with Cutlass?

every 2 weeks for me since it started growing! sounds like you need greenthumbs http://www.greenthumb.co.uk/

by far the best compnay to look after your grass!

my neighbours are the same as you, they hardly ever move their lawn. haha mine is by far the best grass in the area!

every 2 weeks for me since it started growing! sounds like you need greenthumbs http://www.greenthumb.co.uk/

by far the best compnay to look after your grass!

my neighbours are the same as you, they hardly ever move their lawn. haha mine is by far the best grass in the area!

I'm not that bothered that I would have a lawn treatment. The lawns look great. They were done with Lawn Weed & Feed early on in the year and have had a couple of cuts, but just seem to have stopped dead in their tracks.

Don't worry about Mr Foxy. I can always find him other jobs to do.:D

One side of my lawn is bordered by next door's tall leylandii and on the opposite side are other trees including next doors big horsechestnut. I reckon the roots of these trees could be depriving the grass of water hence the slowness of grass growth.

Archived