Def Leppard Arena 13th December 2011

Arena Mole

Wow - that was awesome. The drum coaster was amazing.

I'm now deaf in one ear and difficult to pick my fave moment as thought all 3 bands were fab

to be honest, i didn't think motley crue were very good. in particular vince's vocals. when the intro to 'wild side' started and all the flames went off etc i thought we were in for a real treat, but unfortunately they didn't back up all the effects with a strong performance. don't get me wrong, they put on a good show :)

i thought steel panther was the best band musically, but taking everything in to account (performance, showmanship, effects etc) i thought def leppard was the best overall

to be honest, i didn't think motley crue were very good. in particular vince's vocals. when the intro to 'wild side' started and all the flames went off etc i thought we were in for a real treat, but unfortunately they didn't back up all the effects with a strong performance. don't get me wrong, they put on a good show :)

I felt Motley Crue are all flash and no real talent to back it up. "If we deafen and blind them with pyros, they won't notice we're not actually that good".....

i have to agree that vince neil's vocals weren't that good although i think that the arena's sound system wasn't that good as it was clearly set up for def leppard.

steel panther were awesome - shame they only had 40 minutes to showcase their talent though.

only went for panther and they were amazing,motley's show was good,well impressed with the 360 drums but the vocals sucked,enjoyed leppard even though not a fan they were for my mrs xmas box so i'm well in the good books!! panther were the best and gunna book for march in manchester !!

Manchester was HUGE! I take it Manc Arena is bigger than Notts and Shef? it was packed from the start. Brilliant atmosphere, i was glad i had a seat for that one though heheh

The sheffield gig was AMAZING! I never expected to get anywhere near the front, but i did, and i had a brilliant time. Deffo a Leppard crowd that night, and rightly so!

Sad it's all over now....................

i have to agree that vince neil's vocals weren't that good although i think that the arena's sound system wasn't that good as it was clearly set up for def leppard.

steel panther were awesome - shame they only had 40 minutes to showcase their talent though.

I went tot he Manchester and the Sheffield gigs.

Motley Crue went hard and fast for 1 1/2 songs then they Vince Neils voice failed horribly and they all had to have pensioner naps between each song. I wasn't too impressed.

Def Leppard are old rockers who know how to get through a long set without disappointing the crowd. They were great.

i love Steel Panter. I'm a new convert. :)

I thought Motley Crue and Steel Panther together stole the show. The energy they both put in was awesome. I loved the interaction between the band members in both bands and with the crowd. So what if Vince's voice was weak at times, there are few bands out there whose singers perform consistently for every song, they made up for it with showmanship, energy and the rest of the band supported.

Def Leppard on the other hand were disappointing. I've seen them several times, but this had to be the weakest show. They just went through the motions, didn't interact with each other, barely moved around and Vivian C just looked bored and hacked off. Rick Savage was the only one who looked like he enjoyed being there and Joe Elliott just wanted to be worshipped - what was with the continual 'Jesus arms out' pose? I also thought Joe's voice was incredibly weak and to be honest I don't think it'll last another five years.

Steel Panther and Motley Crue blew Def Leppard away. A disappointing lacklustre performance....but the crowd were all hyped up after the first two great performances that they still cheered them on.

On a final note....the guy from the audience for the roller coaster was, I think, a stooge. We saw him appear from the side of the stage, make his way into the crowd and then be picked out by Tommy Lee. I've had a look on You Tube for footage of other shows, but could only find one with a woman this time, but knowing how Health and Safety gone mad this country is, I wouldn't be surprised if these audience people are part of the crew.

All in all a superb evening. I'm not sure how Motley Crue will get on in a residential in Las Vegas next year, they're a touring band, but I'm so glad I saw them in Sheffield.

I was wondering if the folk on the Coaster were competition winners or something. I've been to 3 of these gigs and it was different people every time, but always stood around the same area.

You were at a VERY different gig to me!! I love Motley crue, and they put on a good show, but at all 3 gigs, there has been minimal crowd interaction (ESPECIALLY Sheffield !!?!) and the silences between songs was weird. And Vince needs to learn the words , seriously. He ruins one of my faves, absolutely ruins it. Saying that, i'd see them again lol.

Leppard were by far the best band on the night. They're on a completely different level.

Archived