Leeds carnival!

I know what you mean, if 10 people are arrested at a footy match the news goes big with it, but when 113 arrests are made at the Nottinghill carnival the media are faily quiet about it. They wouldn't want to be seen to be painting the black community in London in a bad light now would they :roll:

Never thought of that :o

I know what you mean, if 10 people are arrested at a footy match the news goes big with it, but when 113 arrests are made at the Nottinghill carnival the media are faily quiet about it. They wouldn't want to be seen to be painting the black community in London in a bad light now would they :roll:

Ten arrests at a footy match out of an attendance of, what, twenty thousand? 113 arrests at the NHC, out of an attendance of between one and two million?

Go on, then... I'll buy it.

What should we be up in arms about, with those figures?

113/1,000,000... what does that actually boil down to in percentages? Sheffield's population is only half a million (give or take) and we'd be thrilled if a weekend of revelry resulted in just 113 arrests, wouldn't we?

Ten arrests at a footy match out of an attendance of, what, twenty thousand? 113 arrests at the NHC, out of an attendance of between one and two million?

Go on, then... I'll buy it.

What should we be up in arms about, with those figures?

113/1,000,000... what does that actually boil down to in percentages? Sheffield's population is only half a million (give or take) and we'd be thrilled if a weekend of revelry resulted in just 113 arrests, wouldn't we?

Give over with the percentages on here ,its already been shown on the "lags" thread that they are foreign to peoples thinking....at least when it suits.

Your always going to have arrests at these functions especially when/if alcohol is being served.I dont think the arrests should be criticized as a race or colour problem at the NHC people enjoy themselves sadly 1 or 2 get carried away I suspect the arrested are a good mixture of black and white and should in no way be a detraction of what is now a tradition in London.

There are too many criminals in this country. That's why I don't vote BNP. They're led by Nick Griffin who has a criminal record. Griffin also stewarded a meeting addressed by David Irving who's been to prison. Andrew Brons has a criminal record too. And there's that convicted dug dealer in Sheffield, Tommy. And what about that bent copper in Barnsley who works for Griffin. I think we need a multi-cultural festival in Sheffield to get away from all the BNP criminals.

Archived