Scrap metal theft from wheely bin!

My recycling bin doesn't get collected till thursday, and I've come home today and noticed all the metal has been removed.

I'm not really fussed, but there was about £1 of metal in there!

Probably won't have to put my bin out for a while.

This happens every once in a great while where I live, too. Not metal, but there are two men in a pickup truck who drive through the alleys stealing the recycling (cans, plastic, glass etc.) and upending everyone's garbage looking for more recyclables. Last time they left a godawful mess and of course didn't pick up any of it. Can you imagine putting your trash out before you go to work and coming home to find your bins on their sides and garbage strewn everywhere? :rant:

This happens every once in a great while where I live, too. Not metal, but there are two men in a pickup truck who drive through the alleys stealing the recycling (cans, plastic, glass etc.) and upending everyone's garbage looking for more recyclables. Last time they left a godawful mess and of course didn't pick up any of it. Can you imagine putting your trash out before you go to work and coming home to find your bins on their sides and garbage strewn everywhere? :rant:

It's a good thing it only contained metal then!

I imagine if not all the other rubbish would be on the floor!

Its £1 towards private renting, if your waiting for a council property!!

I'll not be very happy if whoever took that metal used it to enrich a flaming landlord. I'll have to start selling the metal myself and donate the money to a homelessness charity!

It's a good thing it only contained metal then!

I imagine if not all the other rubbish would be on the floor!

You were lucky. ;)

We have California Redemption Value on most if not all plastic, glass and aluminium. We don't drink much soda, but we do save the cans and recycle them once a year or so. We get about $40-$60 depending on how many there are (again, not a lot) so regular theft of large amounts can be quite profitable, especially if someone else has done all the work collecting and sorting. There's a park right next to our house and they did the same thing to the trash cans there, too. :help:

Archived