Churches for homes in this time of need.

This is a sad article just released by the Guardian that details a recent academic report by the homeless charity Crisis which suggests that we're about to see an increase in the number of middle class people being made homeless. When it hits the middle classes you know that the poor are truly suffering and that social upheaval is definately on its way:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/aug/30/homelessness-middle-class-crisis-study

Action could have been taken back in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007. Since 2007 I'm amazed they haven't started building lots of council housing to rehouse the soon to be bankrupt, repossessed and homeless!

Action could have been taken back in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007. Since 2007 I'm amazed they haven't started building lots of council housing to rehouse the soon to be bankrupt, repossessed and homeless!

I think it's too late for the council to take action for too many people. Anyone made homeless should be paid by the banks to house sit (legally squat) the foreclosed homes that have sprung up everywhere since 2007 under contract to ensure that the property remains in good condition.

It makes perfect sense- the banks can't sell the houses at the moment, people are likely to vandalise properties that have been empty for a long time, the money that people are paid for squatting the homes would enable them to ensure that the properties remain neat and tidy until the economy (if it ever does) picks up, it redistributes the wealth that the banks have accrued from the public and nobody has to be homeless.

I think it's too late for the council to take action for too many people. Anyone made homeless should be paid by the banks to house sit (legally squat) the foreclosed homes that have sprung up everywhere since 2007 under contract to ensure that the property remains in good condition.

It makes perfect sense- the banks can't sell the houses at the moment, people are likely to vandalise properties that have been empty for a long time, the money that people are paid for squatting the homes would enable them to ensure that the properties remain neat and tidy until the economy (if it ever does) picks up, it redistributes the wealth that the banks have accrued from the public and nobody has to be homeless.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=648176&highlight=bank+housing+nationalised

I fully agree. I suggest foreclosed homes, particularly those forclosed by the likes of nationalised banks such as RBS become social housing. Most people agree.

Archived