Fanoush - NEW Falafal Salad Bar on London Road

Fanoush

Really wanted to pop in and try this place the other day but it was too cold for takeaway and there's no facilities to eat in. Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already come up but really think this place would benefit from a bar and a few stools facing out the window. On a cold day a lot more people will be up for a falafel if they can eat in in the warm.

Another good couple of wraps today - tried the cauliflower in addition to falafels and it was very nice but not sure worth an extra 50p...

they are still good value though at £ 2.75 for the small ones (which is the perfect size , the big ones are a bit too big for me)

My only suggestion to improve them would be to somehow warm or toast the pittas...

especially in the cold weather....

Maybe thats not the traditional way but in my opinion would elevate them to higher greatness.

• 2 months later...
Really wanted to pop in and try this place the other day but it was too cold for takeaway and there's no facilities to eat in. Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already come up but really think this place would benefit from a bar and a few stools facing out the window. On a cold day a lot more people will be up for a falafel if they can eat in in the warm.

I asked about this last time I was in (I do go far too often, there's just something compelling about the falafel wraps with 'everything' ie loads of fresh salad and stuff, with chilli and tahini sauce, 10" for £3 which is such good value and so healthy that I can't justify not going in, that means I am drawn to Fanoush every time I'm passing) and apparently it's under consideration but the owners are bothered that it would take up too much space when it's busy as the outlet is so small.

And the problem with eating them standing up is that you get that last bit of juice that does tend to escape from the final mouthfal, invariably down whatever you're wearing.:blush:

Good to see they're getting busy though, there's usually at least one other customer and often several in the shop when I go in.

Took herself into Fanoush for an emergency falafel dose the other day, she loved it.

Falafel on London Road and burritos on Pinstone St? It's looking up for street food in Sheff. I seriously hope it works out for them as it's such a treat to get lovely, lovely protein in with my vegetables without having to fuss about whether or not everything is veggie.

Went in the other day (been a bit warmer of late!), can see how they would struggle to put a counter by the window now, it is pretty small inside.

Had the falafel wrap, really tasty, used to have these a lot when I lived in London so really glad to have this place in Sheffield. Always good to have a healthy fast food option!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fanoush Falafel Bar on London Road

:)Wonderfully fresh and healthy food at a great price

Good points:

The salad choice is vast, colourful, tasty and glowing with freshness! I like everything on my falafel, but if you don't, you can request what you want

The kitchen and counter area looks scrupulously clean.

The young woman who now works at the counter seems to take pride in her job - she comes across as genuinely friendly and helpful which can be unusual in this industry.

Good value - a big tasty falafel was around £3.00 odd - good price for the high quality of food you get.

Bad points

You can't eat in as there is nowhere to sit. I can see the advantages of NOT having

a seating area but I think with the British weather being so bad, a couple of tables (the plastic 'garden' ones would be fine) would actually entice people in when it's cold/raining.

The new hot grilled cauliflower and aubergine additions to the menu are a brilliant idea (and my 2 favourite vegetables) but the one time I had them they were a quite overcooked/almost burnt for my taste.

So...

Don't let my 2 negative comments put you off as they are minor. If you haven't tried Fanoush, you should as it's ace. It's great that Sheffield finally has somewhere that serves top quality falafel!:hihi:

• 1 month later...

Been in twice, as a falafel skeptic I decided to give it a try, since hitting the healthy life. Really enjoyed it, there's one or two ingredients in the salad bar i personally wont have, but the rest is lovely. Really like the little mixed salad they have.

Had the Fanoush wrap with various salads, plain humous and tzatziki sauce, was fantastic, then tried the Haloumi cheese wrap with the same fillings. Safe to say I'll keep coming down for lunch each week (even though it's a very short drive) Personally I prefer it to any chippy or Mac D's/KFC

Are there going to be any more menu additions?

• 1 year later...

Archived