How can I set up an 'anonymous' address to use when writing to pen-friends?

Hiya

Might sound a bit weird but i want to start writing to a Penpal in the states but i'm not keen on just giving out my address(i have visions of them turning up on my doorstep lol)

So other than a PO Box which are really expensive is there a way of having it sent somewhere else and then forwarded on?

Many thanks

Get your mail addressed to you as post restante at your local mail office. Check first as some small post offices won't like or allow this service although in theory all should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poste_restante

edit: the correct term is "poste restante" as that should be understood throughout the world but you would probably be best getting them marked as "general delivery" which is the more commonly understood term in the UK, and indeed the USA if you try this.

Yes, believe or not i am aware of email addresses. The whole idea of 'corresponding' though is that you move away from technology and put pen to paper xx

No it isn't. The whole idea of 'corresponding' is to communicate with another person. The medium is unimportant, you just use whichever is the most convenient.

No it isn't. The whole idea of 'corresponding' is to communicate with another person. The medium is unimportant, you just use whichever is the most convenient.

Yes; and OP finds real written letters more convenient. Just accept it! PO Box is useful although, as noted, it's a bit pricy.

Also consider 'British Monomarks' (more flexible): http://www.britishmonomarks.co.uk/

Hiya

Might sound a bit weird but i want to start writing to a Penpal in the states but i'm not keen on just giving out my address(i have visions of them turning up on my doorstep lol)

So other than a PO Box which are really expensive is there a way of having it sent somewhere else and then forwarded on?

Many thanks

Oh, so you want to blackmail someone?

Archived