V.O.S.A - a total disgrace of an organisation !

previous faults were the spring on the other side, and believe it or not one breaklight was out, on that occasion they made us walk to the car spares for a new bulb before we could get back in it, that was at mexborough !

Did they break the brakelight because you complained?

previous faults were the spring on the other side, and believe it or not one breaklight was out, on that occasion they made us walk to the car spares for a new bulb before we could get back in it, that was at mexborough !

Thats a bit OTT once mine was out (on car) and a cop pulled up at side of me and politely informed me that my driver side brake light wasnt working. I thanked him and he drove off.

Thats a bit OTT once mine was out (on car) and a cop pulled up at side of me and politely informed me that my driver side brake light wasnt working. I thanked him and he drove off.

It was the vosa men who made us walk to get the bulb - the police have always been ok every time we've been stopped - i think the plod are there to protect the vosa men from being filled in, of course the police are always ok with you after they've seen there's no scrap metal in the back !

Van M.O.T'd in November, stopped in Feb by vosa - ordered a the van needed a new M.O.T, stopped in May by vosa - ordered the van needed a new M.O.T

That would suggest that the van is passing the M.O.T on the day, but becoming unfit through wear and tear before your year is up?

I had the opposite when they stopped me due to a blown bulb.

I was given a ticket, which had to be stamped/signed by a valid MOT tester/station within 7 (or 14 days - can't remember), even after offering to walk to Halfords (about 10 mins away) to buy a replacement. They wouldn't have any of it:rolleyes::(.

Seen 2 police vehicles in the last week with a brake light out, time to practice what they preach.

That would suggest that the van is passing the M.O.T on the day, but becoming unfit through wear and tear before your year is up?

The MOT was 3 months old the van 9 yrs old, and has been used maybe 3 days a week tops since 2008 (recession) no1 can justify or reasonably explain the ridiculous actions of vosa to me, they are as i've said before totally and utterly a disgrace !

Seen 2 police vehicles in the last week with a brake light out, time to practice what they preach.

no mate V.O.S.A are not police, they're a lot lot worse, they think they are above the law, just like arrogant jumped up chavs who have the police defending them from being attacked

the mechanic who has the van has said its 'nothing' and looks like its been like that for ages, even one of the policeman said when some springs go it could rupture the tyre, but this one was nowhere near

An incomplete spring is an MOT fail regardless of how safe it looks, as far as I'm aware. What type of van is it, out of interest?

Archived