V.O.S.A - a total disgrace of an organisation !

Don't transits have leaf springs on the rear? in which case it also locates the rear axle. if the spring was to break completely, the rear axle could get mis-aligned & the rear could steer unexpectedly.

Quite correct - this spring was fine for a while tho' as the vosa numpty said ' the last one we saw like this was dangerous so we took it straight off the road' as he said we were just 'unlucky' ha

i think a few have missed the point here - the point being why bother having a valid m.o.t when these bullies can just overrule it at their pleasure, shouldn't they just make a rule that any van say older than six years old needs to be scrapped cos we are just gonna victimise/humiliate you and drive you into the ground being petty and pathetic at every opportunity, typical government con as per trying to ruin working peoples lives

If you keep your maintenance up to date then it doesn't matter how many times you get stopped the van will be fit to be on the road.

If you keep your maintenance up to date then it doesn't matter how many times you get stopped the van will be fit to be on the road.

I can see I am doing something that streams out of me into the wind here -

do you think that bulbs/springs can malfunction the moment you drive out of the m.o.t or v.o.s.a station ?

if yes - do you think we should check the van say every mile to make sure its up to m.o.t standard ?

Yes they can, you should check them regularly. Which a purist would say means before every journey and most people would say means weekly and most people would actually do whenever they get flashed a lot!

I'd welcome being pulled over to be told I had a bulb out though, so long as you're given the chance to fix it (carry a bulb kit, it's the law on the continent and saves the walk to the nearest motor spares shop).

I followed a van a few days ago that had 2 out of 3 break lights out! That's simply not safe. I didn't manage to get alongside him to let him know though. He could do with pulling up by VOSA and being made to fix them.

For bulbs though they'd presumably give you a rectification notice, not cancel your MOT, unless you had a bulb kit in which case they'd probably just help you change it.

i think a few have missed the point here - the point being why bother having a valid m.o.t when these bullies can just overrule it at their pleasure, shouldn't they just make a rule that any van say older than six years old needs to be scrapped cos we are just gonna victimise/humiliate you and drive you into the ground being petty and pathetic at every opportunity, typical government con as per trying to ruin working peoples lives

Oh dear oh dear. Maybe those awful bullies at VOSA just care more about road safety than you do.

a

Yes they can, you should check them regularly. Which a purist would say means before every journey and most people would say means weekly and most people would actually do whenever they get flashed a lot!

I'd welcome being pulled over to be told I had a bulb out though, so long as you're given the chance to fix it (carry a bulb kit, it's the law on the continent and saves the walk to the nearest motor spares shop).

I followed a van a few days ago that had 2 out of 3 break lights out! That's simply not safe. I didn't manage to get alongside him to let him know though. He could do with pulling up by VOSA and being made to fix them.

For bulbs though they'd presumably give you a rectification notice, not cancel your MOT, unless you had a bulb kit in which case they'd probably just help you change it.

As quoted earlier 'get' and 'life' springs to mind - I give up:roll:

What are you on about? I love Britain.

Never said you hated Britain - just the white people, thus the term 'Brit bashing' but that's another thread, not this one, or are you going to make it personal like communist trotskyites do by turning your prejudices towards me on any thread I am part of because we do not agree on things ???

Archived