V.O.S.A - a total disgrace of an organisation !

do you think that bulbs/springs can malfunction the moment you drive out of the m.o.t or v.o.s.a station ?

Yes.

if yes - do you think we should check the van say every mile to make sure its up to m.o.t standard ?

In an ideal world yes. However, we don't live in an ideal world and that's why we have a yearly test, and Vosa doing spot checks in between.

You honestly believe that? That people who aren't white can't be British?

Seriously?

course i don't - get on the other thread and leave this to me, i'm sick of some people on here they make me sick - and yes before you say it i make people sick too just like you - now get back on the other thread

Yes.

In an ideal world yes. However, we don't live in an ideal world and that's why we have a yearly test, and Vosa doing spot checks in between.

so why wasn't vosa around say 5 years ago ? oh i know its just another government/transport con on the honest working man, maybe i should go out robbing, that way i'll get everybody on my side when i'm in jail, and a job that doesn't need a van when i come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

course i don't - get on the other thread and leave this to me, i'm sick of some people on here they make me sick - and yes before you say it i make people sick too just like you - now get back on the other thread

Why did you say you did then? Weird. I'll leave you to it.

so why wasn't vosa around say 5 years ago ?

They were formed in April 2003 from the merger of the Vehicle Inspectorate and the Traffic Area Network. A new name rather than any change in policy.

That the vans weren't on the road before that isn't indicative of anything.

They should have been, I've always thought the M.O.T alone was woefully inadequate.

oh i know its just another government/transport con on the honest working man, maybe i should go out robbing, that way i'll get everybody on my side when i'm in jail, and a job that doesn't need a van when i come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame you feel that way. To me it seems like a sensible fallback since, as you say, a vehicle could pass one day but fail the next.

In reality the M.O.T itself should be much more rigorous. The notion of "on the day" is daft for a certificate that lasts a year on things that wear out. Maybe differing M.O.T periods depending on vehicle state and wear would be better.

so why wasn't vosa around say 5 years ago ? oh i know its just another government/transport con on the honest working man, maybe i should go out robbing, that way i'll get everybody on my side when i'm in jail, and a job that doesn't need a van when i come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't you need the van to carry the stolen tvs etc ? :|

They were formed in April 2003 from the merger of the Vehicle Inspectorate and the Traffic Area Network. A new name rather than any change in policy.

That the vans weren't on the road before that isn't indicative of anything.

They should have been, I've always thought the M.O.T alone was woefully inadequate.

It's a shame you feel that way. To me it seems like a sensible fallback since, as you say, a vehicle could pass one day but fail the next.

In reality the M.O.T itself should be much more rigorous. The notion of "on the day" is daft for a certificate that lasts a year on things that wear out. Maybe differing M.O.T periods depending on vehicle state and wear would be better.

whatabout say after the m.o.t the van/car/vehicle does more than 5000 miles then you would have to take it in for a mini test ? would that suffice ? making m.o.t's more rigorous is just making garages/mechanics very rich for being the nitpickingly annoying bar stewards that they are

Think you miss the point - bulbs could fail everyday, springs could break every day

When does it end ?

Have you been harrassed by v.o.s.a ?

Do you rely on an ligitimately M.O.T'd van to support your family and put food on the table ?

Would you like/agree to be stopped often to have a few numpties nitpick at ridiculous minor faults however 'petty' ????

Then again probably yes you would, I also bet you're the type that when a vehicle you don't know turns up on your road, you're straight out with the notepad scribbling away the reg - in short, 'get' and 'life' spring to mind !!

I will answer your post in the order you have written it:

Yes they can fail every day, one of the responsibilities of owning a vehicle is checking that it is fit for purposes all of the time

No I haven't been harrassed by VOSA if they chose to stop me then if they come up with something I will be in the wrong.

No I don't rely on a legitimately MOT'd van etc. although I spent many years with a company car where the rules were quite simple, it was my responsibility to check it was roadworthy. If I was ever stopped and found that it wasn't then I would be removed from the company (sacked) and responsible for any court action.

No I wouldn't like to be stopped to have some numpty nit-pick although I wouldn't mind if he was doing the job he was paid to do.

Are any faults minor or petty when it comes to the safety of OTHER road users. Personally I don't give a **it about you or any other road users if they take themselves out by have some "petty faults" but I would care if you wiped out someone I loved or was friendly with.

Which brings me onto the last point, as I don't give a **it about other users why would I bother taking their registration etc. You see I do have a life so I suspect that you might not.

As an additional point I would say that at a recent school prom the VOSA lads were there and took the majority of the stretched limos off the road.

How would you feel if your kids who you have worked and saved for were in one of those cars.

Archived