Best and worst meals ever

Rather have a proper job.
It was an 'A' trade that got me an instant pay rise of 15% plus I equalled my army pay each week with dance band and rock band extra duty pay.

I was then lucky enough to be sent to the Royal Military School of Music (Knellar Hall) in London which included a concert at the Royal Festival Hall.

Not bad for not a proper job.

Dhanistha's on Abbydale rd is THE best indian food I've ever had. Southern Indian and Sri Lankan so the seafood is delicious.

I went there recently and it was pretty damn tasty! One of the fish curries (can't remember the name - useful!) was gorgeous; the sauce in particular was amazing. The staff were really friendly too, which added to the experience.

I've just remembered a contender for the worst meal I ever had - though it would have been perfectly fine, had I not ruined the experience for myself - was fish and chips in Hastings.

I was about 13 at the time and down there with the family. We went into a little seafront cafe and ordered fish and chips and when the meals came out, I promptly littered my plate with plenty of salt - or so I thought. I'd stupidly tipped sugar all over the plate but didn't realise until I took a bite and nearly threw up! I couldn't eat the rest of the meal so just had to watch everyone else enjoy their food :(

I was in the army and I loved army food I can not remember having a bad meal, the only problem I had was there was never enough of it and never enough time to get down your neck,some of the rat pack food was bit rubbish though,a week eating that stuff and you would need a bomb to make you go.:gag:

Archived