9 out of 10 jobs go to foreign born workers

Well who else is going to do all those minimum wage jobs that our unemployed natives feel are beneath them?

You?

Lots of people can't get jobs, minimum wage or not, its a terrible situation at the moment, immigrants shouldn't be given jobs in call centres either here or abroad for british companies, i am absolutely sick to the back teeth of going thru the whole, juliette, uniform, delta rubbish just to spell my name because they can't understand you !!!!!!!

Well who else is going to do all those minimum wage jobs that our unemployed natives feel are beneath them?

You?

no not me:hihi: at the moment im in a job whats fairly safe, thou a cpl of years back the polish took over the construction industry leaving many out of work . i hope your jobs safe :hihi:

Lots of people can't get jobs, minimum wage or not, its a terrible situation at the moment, immigrants shouldn't be given jobs in call centres either here or abroad for british companies, i am absolutely sick to the back teeth of going thru the whole, juliette, uniform, delta rubbish just to spell my name because they can't understand you !!!!!!!

that's sooo wrong

there's plenty of jobs going all around Sheffield and the country, UK people won’t take the jobs, that's the problem, my wife works in recruitment. trust me there’s plenty. if you want a job that bad you can get a job. people won’t take lower paid jobs, that British mentality for you!

Oh, I've been there many times :hihi:

Bringing this back on topic, I do agree that forcing our natives back into work would lessen our requirement on immigrant labour which would also bring other benefits such as keeping money in the local economy, rather than sending it back home to Eastern Europe.

But unless the government do something about forcing the workshy into employment, (and I honestly don't think they can do it overnight, because it's a huge problem that's taken years to take root and will take years to fix) then companies will continue to use cheap, temporary immigrant labour.

You say 9 out of 10 jobs go to foreign workers, have you seen the state of our home grown people who have no intention of going to work, their benefits pay more and they dont have to get out of bed.

Half of them are not capable of work due to drug, alcohol and being bone idol.

So before you make a statement, get your facts right and give your opinion not that of the Daily Mirror. Lets face it the media put story's out to sell papers.

Where I live without foreign workers the fields and the crops would not exist. The jobs were offered to local people first which was a 10% uptake.

Don't try and tell me that the local people in all area's are being forced out of work, because of migrant workers they will work, sadly the British youth are not bothered benefits allow them to stay in their bed

I remember visiting a business in Barnsley that paid for an agent in Lithuania to send prospective employees over to him. He explained that they were hard working and conscientious. He'd tried employing locals but they tended to go AWOL after a couple of days then either not return to work at all or throw a sickie or turn up hungover and spend the rest of the day shaking and spitting on his forecourt.

If you were running a business....who would you employ?

Archived