Sheffields' TENTENTEN 10k Run in Endcliffe Park is back!!

Banksy

course modifications.

You never mentioned that meant reversing the route to run UP that blasted hill! :o

I can see why, both laps last year I passed people that looked to have come a cropper coming down, and being more slippery this year, might have had a few snapped ankles.

Only niggle is that doing it that way meant that quite a few people started to walk to rest their legs from the climb just as the narrowest sections of the course began forcing everyone else to stop or slow down

Still, good race, good day for it - felt a bit tougher this time round but I hadn't prepared well this year for October's 2 runs so that will be why

Looking forward to tententen3

You never mentioned that meant reversing the route to run UP that blasted hill! :o

I can see why, both laps last year I passed people that looked to have come a cropper coming down, and being more slippery this year, might have had a few snapped ankles.

Only niggle is that doing it that way meant that quite a few people started to walk to rest their legs from the climb just as the narrowest sections of the course began forcing everyone else to stop or slow down

Still, good race, good day for it - felt a bit tougher this time round but I hadn't prepared well this year for October's 2 runs so that will be why

Looking forward to tententen3

I found that section of the course was holding me up a lot too, along with the rest of the Whiteley woods part.

I must start off a bit further towards the front next time, their was too many slower runners to pass.

I like the idea of doing this as it's a regular route of mine, through the parks up through the Mayfield and beyond, however, I couldn't do yesterday's as had already signed up for the Worksop half. Furthermore, having just looked at the route, it must surely to God be too narrow in most parts to accommodate that many people? Also the off road bits, of which I am assuming must have been quite a signficant part, must be tricky with the tree rootage, stones etc, very easy to trip.

Anyway, well done everyone who did it.

The team did some good work on the trails removing the larger stones and smoothing out areas to help.

The course is quite narrow in two particular spots but we have worked on areas to make sure overtaking is possible on 95% of the course. I guess to master this route there is some tactical awareness required so that you are not held up by slower runners at the start - this is why we emphasise the importance on the starting zones and predicted times to help.

Lots of happy people and good feedback so far!

Archived