Hats off to an unsung hero

denlin

I would all like you to give a round of applause to the guy who is well in his seventies I think who makes the regular trip on foot from Asda at Handsworth to Asda at Chapeltown. He does this to raise funds for the Macmillan cancer appeal. You can't miss him he wears bright green wig and pushes shopping trolley. If you see him spare a few coppers and shake his hand, the amount he has raised is many thousands.:clap::clap::clap:

he walks all over sheffield wearing his trade mark green wig collecting money for macmillian cancer, i cant think of his name but he has been doing this every day for years, there was also a campaighn going trying to get everyone to vote for him to be an olympic torch carryer at next years olympic games, dont know about you but he would deffinatley get my vote

he walks all over sheffield wearing his trade mark green wig collecting money for macmillian cancer, i cant think of his name but he has been doing this every day for years, there was also a campaighn going trying to get everyone to vote for him to be an olympic torch carryer at next years olympic games, dont know about you but he would deffinatley get my vote

That's a good idea. Perhaps Asda should sponsor him too, the green wig ties in with their branding too!:)

From the Star:

Rob Turner, fundraising manager for Macmillan in Sheffield and Chesterfield, said: “The Olympics are all about making people’s dreams come true and John would be honoured to be chosen as Sheffield’s Torch Bearer for 2012. ”

n Search for ‘John Burkhill’ on http://www.petitiononline.co.uk to add your name to the campaign.

Hope lots do.

From the Star:

Rob Turner, fundraising manager for Macmillan in Sheffield and Chesterfield, said: “The Olympics are all about making people’s dreams come true and John would be honoured to be chosen as Sheffield’s Torch Bearer for 2012. ”

n Search for ‘John Burkhill’ on http://www.petitiononline.co.uk to add your name to the campaign.

Hope lots do.

thats it, hed be brill at it as well

I saw this guy on monday and again today - he passes my work on a regular basis whatever the weather. ive signed the petition to get him to carry the olympic torch - i cant think of anyone worthier ! :)

Archived