Oldale and Edwards families

Pated

My Mother in law, Beatrice, was reared by John Charles Oldale. John was a plumber. Johns wife's name may have been Ann. They lived for some time in Windy House Lane, Sheffield.

In 1937 Beatrice married Norman Edwards. Norman's father was Herbert Edwards, a coal hewer.

The Oldale family may have also lived in Church St. Jump, Barnsley at some time.

Beatrice and Norman had two boys Norman and Graham. Norman and Graham attended the Gleadless County School, before the family emmigrated to Australia in 1950.

Any information on these families would be most appreciated.

Pat.

• 2 years later...

I have a reference for a John Oldale but married to Dora Creaser.His birth and death dates would fit the period you are looking at. His father and grandfather were called Charles. I tried to send you further details but the email you displayed on Tribalpages did not work.

I really don't know what to say about your post, as the only names I know are John Oldale and his wife Ann. If these people are a part of your family, I do have a couple of photo's showing some of the Oldale's. Unfortunately, I have no idea as to who they are. So if there is a way of showing you these, it may help. One other name I have who may be an Oldale is Nellie. Sorry I can't be of more help to you, but that's all we know.

Pat.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I know that this thread is quite old, but i was just writing to MickeyMO, you mention John Oldale and Dora Creaser, and i was wondering what you know about them, they were my grandad's parents, and i was telling him that i'd read this on here, and he is really interested, would really appreciate a reply!!

Thank you