Oldale and Edwards families

Pated

Hi, My maiden name was Oldale and i was just wondering if anyone could help me find out more about people in my family. Someon has mentioned Harthill, i am from around that area. My father was a charles oldale born in 1909 and his father was a george oldale who had quite a few siblings, the onl one i can recall being Maud, who emigrated to canada. I believe their father was called Joseph and the family probably hailed from the dinington, south Yorkshire area. My father told me that dinington church yard was a place to trace the family tree.

Hi, My maiden name was Oldale and i was just wondering if anyone could help me find out more about people in my family. Someon has mentioned Harthill, i am from around that area. My father was a charles oldale born in 1909 and his father was a george oldale who had quite a few siblings, the onl one i can recall being Maud, who emigrated to canada. I believe their father was called Joseph and the family probably hailed from the dinington, south Yorkshire area. My father told me that dinington church yard was a place to trace the family tree.

I used to know a LES OLDALE. He was chief buyer at Tyzack Sons and Turner on Liitle London Road, Heeley around 1966

• 9 months later...

Hi. I'm new here but share the common interest in the 'Oldale' line, particularly in the Sheffield area. My maternal grandmother was Amelia Barnes (Oldale) (1886-1966). Her father was Henry Albert Oldale (1850-1911) and her mother was Charlotte (Perkinton) (1844-1913). In turn, Henry Albert Oldale was the product of Charles Henry Oldale (1822 - ????) and Mary Ann Berry (1818-????). There are some connections with Pat Edwards' enquiries. Are there any other connections out there?

My Mother in law, Beatrice, was reared by John Charles Oldale. John was a plumber. Johns wife's name may have been Ann. They lived for some time in Windy House Lane, Sheffield.

In 1937 Beatrice married Norman Edwards. Norman's father was Herbert Edwards, a coal hewer.

The Oldale family may have also lived in Church St. Jump, Barnsley at some time.

Beatrice and Norman had two boys Norman and Graham. Norman and Graham attended the Gleadless County School, before the family emmigrated to Australia in 1950.

Any information on these families would be most appreciated.

Pat.

In the 1891 census an Oldale family lived at 7 Tamplin road, Sheffield. There was a Charles, Sarah A, Leonard, Chales Florence,and another. At number 9 there was Margaret, Louis and James Oldale. Tamplin raod was off Broadield road. My great grandmothers husband, John Morton, was staying at number 7 in 1890. Phil

Hi Folks,

First I must apologise for not answering any of your queries of late. I have been very busy and completely forgot about this forum.

I shall make it one of my New Year Resolutions to be more "On the Ball" in future.

Below is the OLDALE Family I am interested in.

At the time of 1911 census they lived 30 Slinn Street, Sheffield.

Henry Albert OLDALE Head b. 1850 Mechanical Fitter on Steel Turner

Charlotte wife b. 1846

Mary H. Ann dau b. 1877 Dressmaker

Lily dau b. 1878 Dressmaker

Charlotte dau b. 1882 Dressmaker

John Charles son b. 1879 Plumber (This person is my specific interest)

Archibald son b. 1884 Plumber

Elizabeth BARNES G/dau b. 1908

All were born in Sheffield.

John Charles OLDALE married an Ann. It may have been Ann BRADSHAW.

My mother in law Beatrice Johnson lived with John Charles Oldale and his wife. She was born in 1920. We don't know if she was adopted or just fostered. As there were brothers and sisters born to the Johnsons after her, she may have gone to live with the Oldale's after her father died in 1924. She certainly looked on the Oldale's as her parents, and never mentioned her own.

When Beatrice married, her name on the certificate was recorded as Beatrice Oldale, otherwise Johnson.

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who knows anything about any of these people. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best wishes to all for a Very Happy Christmas and a Good 2011.

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Folks,

First I must apologise for not answering any of your queries of late. I have been very busy and completely forgot about this forum.

I shall make it one of my New Year Resolutions to be more "On the Ball" in future.

Below is the OLDALE Family I am interested in.

At the time of 1911 census they lived 30 Slinn Street, Sheffield.

Henry Albert OLDALE Head b. 1850 Mechanical Fitter on Steel Turner

Charlotte wife b. 1846

Mary H. Ann dau b. 1877 Dressmaker

Lily dau b. 1878 Dressmaker

Charlotte dau b. 1882 Dressmaker

John Charles son b. 1879 Plumber (This person is my specific interest)

Archibald son b. 1884 Plumber

Elizabeth BARNES G/dau b. 1908

All were born in Sheffield.

John Charles OLDALE married an Ann. It may have been Ann BRADSHAW.

My mother in law Beatrice Johnson lived with John Charles Oldale and his wife. She was born in 1920. We don't know if she was adopted or just fostered. As there were brothers and sisters born to the Johnsons after her, she may have gone to live with the Oldale's after her father died in 1924. She certainly looked on the Oldale's as her parents, and never mentioned her own.

When Beatrice married, her name on the certificate was recorded as Beatrice Oldale, otherwise Johnson.

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who knows anything about any of these people. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best wishes to all for a Very Happy Christmas and a Good 2011.

Cheers,

Pat

What about 2010???:):)

• 5 months later...

Hello my name is Ian Oldale, my father is Ron Oldale who was born in Sheffield and lived there till he was in his 30s. He recently spent a lot of time tracing our family history getting back from current to the 1700s. I don't know if John Oldale is part of our line but I will ask.