Oldale and Edwards families

Pated

• 5 months later...

I would be intrested to know if the Norman and Herbert Edwards mentioned by Pated are any relation to my familly. My father was a Barry Edwards born in 1943 he had a older brother called Brian, My grandmother was a Mary Elizabeth Edwards (nee Olney) who died in 1984? and my grandad was Fred(Frederick) Edwards died around 1970?.They lived at 7 Netherfield Road Crookes until gran moved to a flat. When dad died i found his bitrh certificate and it said on it grandad was actually called Herbert Frederick and he was a journeyman/joiner (he did work for the council had a workshop at the old town hall) . This the only info i have i would love to find out more.

• 6 years later...

Hi all,

This is an old thread now but I am new to family research. There seem to be some knowledgeable Oldale people on here. I have seen some superb work on the family and have based my tree on those. I have made contact with some Oldales in Sheffield and they have been invaluable in helping and sharing.

It would be great to contact more family members, particularly to see or have photos as for me they bring a tree to life.

My line is

William Oldale 1851 GG Grandfather

Fred Oldale 1878 Great Grandfather

Elizabeth 'Betty' Oldale 1913 Grandmother

(Married name Hunter)

Rita Hunter Mother (Married Barker)

Andy