Vibration work out.

I take it by this you mean using a vibration plate?

For very short bursts of intense muscle work which are done as well as aerobic work and all round activities then you should find the power plate helpful, and for carefully controlled stretches it's great (deeper stretching without pain- but you do have to be careful how far you push it) but it's a bit of an acquired taste when it comes to the sensations of standing on the plate.

I think it all depends on what you're aiming to achieve. I saw reported figures on weight loss reported only this week that on average, gym users who did only aerobic work lost 60 times more weight than users who ate the same food and did only strength based weights or resistance work.

If you're wishing to only lose weight then it's pretty clear that a power plate workout won't be the answer to your problem, but if you want to tone up it could assist you (including if you want to tone up during a weight loss programme, as long as you also do the aerobic work).

old fashioned route.

complete waste of time and money. there used to be a women at our gym was on it 30 mins evryday, and got fatter lol :hihi::hihi:

She got fatter because she ate more, and used this pointless machine as an aid to shift the extra calories.

Eat more of the good stuff yes! not the bad stuff.

I recently did a test on a takeaway pizza and a homemade pizza.

I didn't gain any weight/fat from eating half a wholemeal pizza, but gained weight/fat from a takeaway.

My homemade pizza was more tasty with less crap added into it.

Archived